Is it safe?

M.O.E

Reaction score
My 96 cobra guage is acting up, I bought the car two week's ago as soon as I left the lot the temp guage went to the A so I took it back they said it was the sending unit so that was replaced. The tech said the fan whould kick on at 206 and turn off at 198. Now the gauge will stay at middle for a bit and then go to the A after 20 min and then go back to normal WTF?? So iam I ok two drive like this till I get a new T-stat and a flush?

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the stocker gauges are crap, go get you an autometer one and throw in on the car

OP
OP
M

M.O.E

Reaction score
Damn this car, well I got the flush and a new T-stat today and it's still doing the same thing. The gauge hit's the middle and sometime's it will hit the A, The fan is coming on at the M,A drops back to the "R" on the temp gauge the engine this cycle happens in stop and go, does'int seem like it's hot like the gauge say's I can put my hand on the engine for a little bit. I don't get it driving my crazy Im going to buy a gauge and see what happen's. Oh and I Put a new sending unit in aswell that fixed it from jumping around.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mine runs on the M/A all the time. I would not worry about it, but if you are the best thing to do is install a mechanical gauge.

G

GREG@SN95

get a new gauge...

Thats not suposde to happen... IDK if the modular SNs are different then the 302 SNs... but I'd get it checked out just to be safe

OP
OP
M

M.O.E

Reaction score
I Checked and the recall was NOT done. I asked ford if there was any recall's and they said there was no open recall's on the car.
Over the winter im going to buy a new radiator do the fan switch, 180 stat, gauge. Go from there see what happens. I have to get these part's befor it get's hot down here. I been drivin the car and when it hit's the A i can put my hand on valve cover and not burn the crap out of my hand, don't know what that proves but over all it run's good.

blackfang

Reaction score
Yeah the car has probably past the TSB date for it to be free, but the first link I gave you has all the parts and an AC Condensor is one of them. Seen a few people put everything else in and still had the issue until they replaced the condensor. Good Luck

Downshift

Reaction score
I would at the very least get a new T-Stat takes 5 minutes and I got mine for 10 bucks. Goodluck though I remember when it was like 110 here for a couple weeks and my T-stat was the 195 and man would she get hot.....scared the shit outa me a couple times put the 180 in and made a HUGE difference.

OP
OP
M

M.O.E

Reaction score
I just put a stock T-STAT in a week ago did nothing. So will a condensor from a auto store do the job, or should i buy a ford one?

blackfang

Reaction score
Look, I took the time and gave you the TSB parts list on what Ford used to fix the issue. :rollinglaugh:

You be the judge on what you should do to fix it. You can keep asking people on what to do, or take the advice of someone who took the time to find the info that fixes it for you. Your call :p

OP
OP
M

M.O.E

Reaction score
blackfang said:
Look, I took the time and gave you the TSB parts list on what Ford used to fix the issue. :rollinglaugh:

You be the judge on what you should do to fix it. You can keep asking people on what to do, or take the advice of someone who took the time to find the info that fixes it for you. Your call :p

Frist of all thank you for the help! I was just asking if a parts store condensor is just as good as a updated ford one. To switch all that stuff that ford did whould be out of the Q to much money for all that. just trying bypass some of the thing's ford say's that need to be switch that's all. AND AGAIN THANX FOR THE LINKS!!

blackfang

Reaction score
I am one for OEM parts when it comes to something like that. I have seen too many aftermarket parts fail too early and or cause issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online