Is it worth the money?

huntingtonsurf21

Reaction score
I've got a 98 3.8L and I love it to death, but I want it to be faster. Are their any cheap mods that will give me quick results or should I just wait and spend money buying a GT? Are there really any exhaust kits that will make a v6 sound good and NOT ricey?

white98stang

Reaction score
lets see her exhaust, pulleys, intake, and gears and maybe you will feel a little more power

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Blower would be your best feel for money.

Changing cars, or what mods you want depends on how much power you want, and how much money you can spend.

good luck with it :)

W

WODY281

Yeah I would say its def worth it, but hp is never cheap! My buddy owns a dyno and a guy brought a 99-04 v6 and it made like 240rwhp ON THE MOTOR. I couldn't believe it but i seen the dyno sheet myself. Those are damn good numbers even for a v8! But as far as the exhaust, ehhhh....they sound kinda ricey to me when they rev up! You can get some to idle and sound good though!!!

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

It's probably less trouble to sell your V6 and buy a GT 94-98 or buy a V6 from 1999 and more if you want a V6.

If you keep your V6 you can replace the original exhaust by a real dual whit a H-pipe, the sound will be better.

F.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
It all depends on your priorities. Remember that cars are pretty much the worst investment you can make and whatever you put into it, you will get abou %.05 out of it. If you've got the money go for it, but if not, there are in my opinion better things to be spending money on. :)

95mustangsc

Reaction score
my 95 v6 is always mistaked as a cobra or gt noone can ever imagine it being a v6 from how it sounds reved up or not it sounds like a built supercharged 8
mac 1 5/8 headers off road pypes performance x pipe 2 1/2" true dual exhaust and flowmaster 40 series.

dapack69

Reaction score
My question to you is where do you want the car to go? You want all motor? You plan on racing the car? Just want more power for getting into traffic? How big is your budget?

I have well over $10,000 invested into my V6 and its not done yet. I do plan on running high 10's in the 1/4 with it though, and still be able to drive it on the streets.

OP
OP
H

huntingtonsurf21

Reaction score
well I just plan on having a good daily driver that can get up and go if some stupid ricer pulls up next to me. i put a MAC cai on it this past weekend and i can already tell a good difference. and today i'm getting a magnaflow exhaust put on it. i guess really the only thing left is maybe pulleys and a new chip and programmer. i really don't plan on messing with the motor, i'm just looking for bolt ons or plug and play apps.

dapack69

Reaction score
Get gears and a T-lok, that will help big time.

Do you have an auto or a 5-speed?

OP
OP
H

huntingtonsurf21

Reaction score
o ya i've definitely been looking at a t-lok and some gears. you got to love those burnouts and i would like to shred tires equally instead of just the passenger side lol. i wish it was a 5-speed, but all the dealer had was an automatic.

95Modified

Reaction score
I did alot of the mods most people do to their 6's but the best so far has been 3.73's and a t-lock.

Greggerex

Reaction score
Agreed.

Before the blower, the 3.73's were definitely the best performance mod that I could feel.

If you never plan on any F/I, with that automatic I would prolly consider 4.10's and then you'll definitely enjoy the car.

Best of luck. O0

white98stang

Reaction score
right now i am planning on getting some gears and a supercharger system from someone on here so maybe i will run with some gts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online