Is my frame pullable and the car savable

Angel210oo

Reaction score
07F7DA0A-176F-437C-BEE4-736CF168CF64.jpeg4BDF37BA-4964-441C-B3F1-0734C9D33FFB.jpeg896A476F-5793-4B80-8064-0B81446672E4.jpeg0E426E09-8350-42BB-9058-30C9211839C3.jpeg

Attachments

• E8424261-A8E1-438D-A36E-04B7EEECE7A7.jpeg
    E8424261-A8E1-438D-A36E-04B7EEECE7A7.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 4

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes a shop could fix it but what will it cost? We have no way of telling you that but taking this pic to your local body shop would give a good idea.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
@RAU03MACH is onto something with that. Unfortunately, most of us are in the position with our cars that unibody damage is a little too steep for the value of the car. I would definitely find a couple of trees and a comealong (or however it's spelled). Have a long straight-edge on hand, or head out to the hardware store and buy a decent aluminum level that's a few feet long and use that as your gage. A tape measure and straight edge, along with the driver's side being a reference, should be able to get things good enough for a decent alignment shop to take care of the suspension side of things.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what are the long term plans for the car? If this is something you plan on keeping for a while then go to a shop and see what they say/$$$$ wise. If it is just a weekend play toy that you plan on selling after a while then sure start looking for a strong tree.

OP
OP
A

Angel210oo

Reaction score
what are the long term plans for the car? If this is something you plan on keeping for a while then go to a shop and see what they say/$$$$ wise. If it is just a weekend play toy that you plan on selling after a while then sure start looking for a strong tree.
I just used it to go down the street to work and ofc had fun here and there;)

OP
OP
A

Angel210oo

Reaction score
You could almost do it yourself
Chains with hooks
1 porta power
A couple of comealongs
A good solid tree or pole
And whalaa
Was my plans aswell just thought id get some 3rd party say so in my head before i went that route forsure

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Take time look every thing over look at the most obvious
Start there
Have a spotter to help out with pulls take time go slow

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you did it yourself you can probably measure how far you need to pull it by measuring to square up the K member but I would have to wonder if your core support might not need some work as well.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
One more thing strip the fenders and wheel wells
And all components on the front clip

Compare both sides get the damaged side to mach up with good side have a couple of fenders handy to match up straight

OP
OP
A

Angel210oo

Reaction score
if you did it yourself you can probably measure how far you need to pull it by measuring to square up the K member but I would have to wonder if your core support might not need some work as well.
Thats the thing the lower part lines up with the kmember somehow and they arent bent one bit been under there about 30x now doing maintenance and working around the frame and it just looks to be the upper part(the apron) that needs a good pull bc the strut wont sit flat on the strut tower

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will not be able to tell if the K is off by eye unless it was really that far off... If you do a quick search on how to square up your K-member it has instructions that are easy to follow to measure it.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I would not bother to fix that. If you have a bunch of $ in the car, I'd just take it all off for another SN95. What's the story behind the car? Do you own it? Looking into buying it?
Front end damage like that sucks.
Let's see some pics from under the car.

Chip66

Reaction score
When these cars were new, I was working in an autobody shop. We fixed much worse with amazing results.

Most of the labor on straightening something like this is the disassembly and reassembly. If you strip the car down and have it ready for the shop, I'll bet it can be done in a few hours. From the pics, you are not far from it. Remove the bumper and CAI, and leave the hood. You'll want to have a proper wheel and tire in place and the new fender for the shop to work with alignment. Frame machine time is precious. Take your pics to a shop and discuss with them before you show up with the car. Emphasize that you are looking to get the frame work done right, or else you can end up with quick and dirty, and be no better off.

A proper autobody shop will have all the measurement specs to get everything back in place. Without those measurements and tools to measure, you'll be fighting fitment and alignment forever.

I'd definitely find a good Ford-made fender, either NOS or used, before getting an aftermarket. The savings in the fender will be lost immediately when paying a shop to straighten things out.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
This. You can take it to a shop and literally just ask if they can pull the frame for you. The problem is that if this isn’t an insurance repair, and they know it’s not your daily driver, they may take their sweet time on it. I had one shop take three whole months pulling the frame of one of my cars. That’s the same amount of time for seriously messed up cars.

Chip66

Reaction score
This. You can take it to a shop and literally just ask if they can pull the frame for you. The problem is that if this isn’t an insurance repair, and they know it’s not your daily driver, they may take their sweet time on it. I had one shop take three whole months pulling the frame of one of my cars. That’s the same amount of time for seriously messed up cars.
Good point. By making it a small job for the shop, it's easy to be pushed to the back burner. Insurance jobs are the bread and butter for these shops. Depending on the location, there are busier seasons than others. Where I'm at this is the busiest time of the year with frequent spring rains. Mid to late summer can get slow.

Discussion with the shop before making a commitment is essential.

If it is just the shock tower, you might be able to get away with a DIY job depending on your resources. The fender mounting points can make a decent reference. Definitely make sure you can achieve caster and camber wheel alignment before putting it all back together.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually did this on mine when I had my accident years ago and it wasn't too bad for the price but I do not remember the details. I have noticed in the automotive world that the kiss of death is mentioning anything to the fact of "it is no big deal/I have some time/ect" and been burned by that as well. I am not that asshole that just demands it is done on a certain day, but I do ask when they EXPECT to have it done by and hold them up to it as best I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online