Is the intake/airbox from a '99 Cobra the same as for an '01 Cobra?

JPuehl

Reaction score
I am in need of a complete STOCK intake/airbox for my '01 Cobra and found one for a '99 Cobra at a wrecking yard not far from my house, and I'm wondering if they are the same? Someone from the yard will be sending me pix and I have pix I found online of a '01 Cobra but it would be nice knowing for certain if they are the same before committing to buy it.

The reason I need a STOCK intake is that I'm installing a Steeda front strut tower brace and the JLK intake my car currently has will no longer fit, so I'll settle for the stock setup for now.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I am in need of a complete STOCK intake/airbox for my '01 Cobra and found one for a '99 Cobra at a wrecking yard not far from my house, and I'm wondering if they are the same? Someone from the yard will be sending me pix and I have pix I found online of a '01 Cobra but it would be nice knowing for certain if they are the same before committing to buy it.

The reason I need a STOCK intake is that I'm installing a Steeda front strut tower brace and the JLK intake my car currently has will no longer fit, so I'll settle for the stock setup for now.
They should be the same. I do not recall any engine changes from 99-01.

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
I found these 2 pix online and they appear to be very close with the only difference in that the '99 has the extra "accordion" section close to the TB that the '01 doesn't have.

'99:
Ford-Mustang_SVT_Cobra-1999-engine-2.jpg

'01:
2001FormCobraOEMIntake.png

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
SVTPerformance said:
The 99 intake tube included rubber ribs but were deleted for the 01.

You should pursue this thread:

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
The 99 intake tube included rubber ribs but were deleted for the 01.

That statement is from that post you referenced, confirming what I see in pix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online