IS THERE A VALVE COVER THAT FITS THE 5.0 95 GT

95pootang

Reaction score
MAN IM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING A VALVE COVER THAT FITS MY 95 GT 302. ANYBODY OUT HERE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON WHERE ONE CAN FIND A PAIR WITH OUT HAVING TO MOD THE CRAP OUT OF IT , LOL

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
i'm about to get some for my cobra....what problems are you having??

if it's just that they won't fit under your plenum, just put a 1/2 inch spacer on it.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
They do not make a valve cover that fits our cars properly..trust me. BBK has one, it needs major modifcation. The only company that actually makes a 95GT specific valve cover is Moroso. They are over 300 a set. I know people that have gotten the trick flow valve covers to work, you have to drill the oil hole for the other side though. From the Moroso site:

Fits: 1994-95 Mustangs, notched for alternator fitment.
Fabricated entirely from superior quality aluminum, ultra-lightweight
Notched out on the passenger side cover for alternator fitment
One piece billet rail is CNC machined to ensure a precision flat surface for superior sealing
Airtight sealing allows the engine to pull greater vacuum for improved ring seal and power
Mating of the billet rail to the valve cover is done with a smooth transition, eliminating trapped oil and spills when removing the cover
Tall enough to clear most popular rocker combinations, requires the use of Moroso Intake Spacer Nos. 65071, 65072, 65073 or 65074 on EFI Engines
Fasteners included

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
Ummm why arn't they fitting...do you have 1:7's?

1.7's fit under our stock valve covers with no problems. You need a side nothched out for the alternator.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
1.7's fit under our stock valve covers with no problems. You need a side nothched out for the alternator.
My Probe's didn't. I have these with no problems...with the breather is on the the pass side & intake spacer.
802134-R1-21-22.jpg

BlownSN95

Reaction score
I'm running the trickflow valve covers + trickflow 1.7 RR's with a 94/95 cobra intake and a 3/8" spacer. I put the fill cap on the drivers side.

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
so u put the oil fill on the other side with a spacer. is the spacer for the alt ? so it wont hit the cover.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Sorry I was a little unclear. The spacer is an intake spacer (same as BlownSN95), used to lift the upper intake enough to clear the valve covers. I had no alt clearence issues.

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
95pootang said:
so u put the oil fill on the other side with a spacer. is the spacer for the alt ? so it wont hit the cover.

i saw what you mean.... it will be extremely tight.

hell, now i'm thinking about keeping my cobra valve covers and getting them powdercoated.

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
Click me These are the ones I got, I have. They need breather caps tho.

funny... those are the exact ones that i was wanting to order. the back of the alt doesn't touch them at all??

ryclef331

Reaction score
You really only run into alternator clearance problems when you run a TALL cover. I run JEGS Cast aluminum sbf valve covers. I had to cut the front behind the alternator and TIG a new piece in it and also run a 1" spacer.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
94darkhorse said:

Can you give us a pic and explain how you got past the altenator problem?? I have researched this for years on tons of sites, and you are the first person to show a valve cover that fits. I would love to see a close up pic, also of the breather. I will buy these as soon as I hear how you did it. Thanks in advance.

txlen

Reaction score
well..jus do a fox body conversion and run whatever ya want!!...i did!!

Julian Moore

Reaction score
So over a month and all the guys that said they can do this with no mods still have not posted pics. HAS ANYONE done this, I need supporting proof..pics and parts numbers. Help a brother out.

QIKGTS

Reaction score
txlen said:
well..jus do a fox body conversion and run whatever ya want!!...i did!!

:lol:

Same thing here... I was thinking when I saw the title "Ha ha, I don't have to worry about that crap anymore..."

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
OpenRoadRacer said:
94darkhorse said:

funny... those are the exact ones that i was wanting to order. the back of the alt doesn't touch them at all??
Nope.

ryclef331 said:
Hey guys, if you get a chance, throw up some pics
I would but my car is snuggled away for a long winters nap (60 miles away).

Nacho

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you want some name brand v/c, but I just got a pair of fox valve covers and they work fine. The alt is hitting my dr. side v/c but it's no big deal. They look a lot better than our stockers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online