IS THERE A VALVE COVER THAT FITS THE 5.0 95 GT

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Nacho said:
I'm not sure if you want some name brand v/c, but I just got a pair of fox valve covers and they work fine. The alt is hitting my dr. side v/c but it's no big deal. They look a lot better than our stockers.

Can you shoot me a pic? Where di you get them? Do you use a spacer on you rintake? Thanks man.

Nacho

Reaction score
I'll snap a pic later today and I'll post it tomorrow. You better not make fun of my dirty ass engine bay. :puke: No spacer or anything, but I forgot to mention that I did the 93 TB conversion like others above.

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
well i got my h/c/i done the trickflow valve covers worked fine...no issues with the alternator and i did opt for the 1 inch intake spacer

QIKGTS

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
Nacho said:
but I forgot to mention that I did the 93 TB conversion like others above.

Well shit that changes everything!! lol

If it makes a difference to you, I didn't go to fox style induction, I just switched to a fox timing cover and ditched the front accessories. The only thing on the front of my motor is the alternator, a Moroso electric water pump, a March bracket for the alt and a Pioneer balancer with a TCI timing pointer... This gives me plenty of clearance for the valve cover/alternator issue...

Julian Moore

Reaction score
QIKGTS said:
Julian Moore said:
Nacho said:
but I forgot to mention that I did the 93 TB conversion like others above.

Well shit that changes everything!! lol

If it makes a difference to you, I didn't go to fox style induction, I just switched to a fox timing cover and ditched the front accessories. The only thing on the front of my motor is the alternator, a Moroso electric water pump, a March bracket for the alt and a Pioneer balancer with a TCI timing pointer... This gives me plenty of clearance for the valve cover/alternator issue...

That is a real nice way to go but I think I will run into problems gettingthe correct brackets for my blower? Would love to do an electric water pump..thse are so sweet. Got a pic?

QIKGTS

Reaction score
If you switched over to a Fox assy drive, you would just need Fox brackets for the blower, I would think... The only hoop you may have to jump through would be to clock the blower or change over to a Fox style or custom inlet and discharge tubes...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nacho

Reaction score
QIKGTS said:
If you switched over to a Fox assy drive, you would just need Fox brackets for the blower, I would think... The only hoop you may have to jump through would be to clock the blower or change over to a Fox style or custom inlet and discharge tubes...

That's freaking awesome. first time i see/read that has been done. So you're just running the crank and alt? If so, that is killer, I wouldn't mind doing this once I get my stroker and my car isn't a dailydriver.

QIKGTS

Reaction score
[/quote]

That's freaking awesome. first time i see/read that has been done. So you're just running the crank and alt? If so, that is killer, I wouldn't mind doing this once I get my stroker and my car isn't a dailydriver.
[/quote]

That's it. No power steering, ac, smog or belt driven water pump... Just turning the alternator with the crank pulley...

Julian Moore

Reaction score
You have done a real nice job there..well thought out. I figure that is a ton of work and money to put a set of valve covers on my car..which as you can see by the pic..you can barley see. lol Man, I really would like a Mezier pump though..Moroso is nice too!! Thanks for being at least the one person who sai dit can be done..too post a pic..much appreciated!

blown.jpg
:gtfo:

Nacho

Reaction score
^^completely agree.
Thing #1,254,314 to do to my car. :nonono:

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
well i ended up getting the edlbrock covers, so we shall see. ill post pics when the engine back in the car. thanks for all of your input out here guys. should be done in about this time next week. :thumb:

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
well the edlbrock covers didnt fit way to tall , sooooo i painted the stocks one and put them back on , to much of a pain in the ass. for just thoses covers. i have pics of the new engine in , not quite done but ill post the progress later today.

95-stang

Reaction score
I thought about having mine plated [old style i know] but hoped someone might come across something tasty. :(

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Soory guys..but I told you in the original post. I have been researching these since the car came out in 1995. Here it is again:

BBK with some modification.
MOROSO fits fine big $$$.
Trick Flow but you have to cut your own oil spout on the drivers side..no biggie. But all mys stuff is EDELBROCK!! lol
Doing the 93 TB conversionis the best method. Also, getting your stockers podwer coated or chromed is nice too. Chroming is illegal in New York state, so you woul dhave to ship to other places. I would figure the company that comes in with a moroso knockoff could make a killing..go figure.

95-stang

Reaction score
""Chroming is illegal in New York state"

Good grief its gertting worse, its hard to find chromer's here, due to health and safety legislation, seems its spreading.
Mind you theres almost no chrome on your modern cars, that cant help business either. :(

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
OpenRoadRacer said:
94darkhorse said:
Click me These are the ones I got, I have. They need breather caps tho.

funny... those are the exact ones that i was wanting to order. the back of the alt doesn't touch them at all??

hey man, i just bought and installed these on my car today. they fit perfectly!

not sure about a stock GT intake but the cobra intake needs a 1 inch spacer for sure.

so folks the edelbrock valve covers fit with no modifications (other than the spacer) (oh and maybe a hood). other than those, no other mods. ;D

**EDIT** i will take and post up some detailed pics tomorrow. they turned out pretty sweet.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
95pootang said:
well the edlbrock covers didnt fit way to tall , sooooo i painted the stocks one and put them back on , to much of a pain in the ass. for just thoses covers. i have pics of the new engine in , not quite done but ill post the progress later today.

Sorry I'm so late in this thread but here's my stock covers that I had powdercoated in a candy blue.

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online