Is there any one IAC better than another?

GDawg

Reaction score
My idle's high and rather than clean the IAC, I'd like to just put in a nice new one. Are they like TBs and plenums, one being better than another? :-\

Replacing my TPS is my next step before my Dyno tune in March or April depending on Colorado winter weather. ???

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Stay away from Autozone ignition/elec. parts. They sell Wells , and they are junk.
I would say go with either Borg Warner or Standard if your gonna go with an aftermaket part.
O'Reillys sells Borg Warner and Car Quest sells Standard.

I would say go with Borg Warner , but I work at O'Reillys....lol
BTW O'Reillys also sells Motorcraft parts.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
yeah when ever buying replacement sensors or parts like this you need to go for genuine ford parts.

yeah cause they are quality...oh wait thats the IAC that fails prematurely :hammer:
normally i agree to buy FoMoCo parts but its their IAC that is failing to begin with plus since around 99 when they realized the IAC's were failing like crazy on 4.6's they doubled the price. My replacement was $35 now they are closer to $100.

smasher41

Reaction score
what about the wells is junk?

i got one to replace mine for $44 and it seems to work great, my idle is rock solid now.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
smasher41 said:
what about the wells is junk?

i got one to replace mine for $44 and it seems to work great, my idle is rock solid now.

Wells ignition parts are made in Brazil with the cheapest quality parts. I worked for AutoJoke (zone) for 12 years and have been in the parts business for over 18 years. So you dont wanna get in a pissin' contest with me when it comes to quality parts.
I can tell you the whole time I worked for AZ, the only things I bought from there was oil, cleaning supplies and air freshner. Their hard parts blow.
But its your money, buy what you want. Im just trying to help ya'll with me exp... :)

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
No argue, I just talk firm.... Old age I guess... :D
Its not easy being an Outlaw now-a-days 8)

ripper

Reaction score
I got my aic at advanced. hmmmmm wonder what kind it is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online