Is there anyway to make the 5.0 exhaust trumpet

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Bolted on some parts located at advanced auto.. and now my car sounds like a 3v with aftermarket exhaust.

Wasn't expecting this outcome, but ill take it.
Now it has a mini trumpet and that 3v sound. Pretty much minics how a 06-10 GT sound with o/r h and flows..

Video clip later

Redford

Reaction score
Bolted on some parts located at advanced auto.. and now my car sounds like a 3v with aftermarket exhaust.

Wasn't expecting this outcome, but ill take it.
Now it has a mini trumpet and that 3v sound. Pretty much minics how a 06-10 GT sound with o/r h and flows..

Video clip later

What did you put on?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
My buddy left in his 07 GT today. catted X pipe and flows. His car sounded so similar to mine its crazy. This car sounds like a 4v and 3v.. has a nice 4v burble now. Its insane. Best this car has ever sounded.

^^ Just some piping. To be honest when you look under the car it doesn't look like dumps. It looks like 2 mini van mufflers lol. The piping are called turn downs, but to be honest its not really a turn down in my book. I guess the exhaust tone is just echoing in the pipping i added which results in a trumpet/4v underwater type of sound long as not WOT. Once i get on it hard or WOT it sounds like a 5.0 again. =[ But just put puting around town it doesn't sound like 5.0

ACE_MUFFLER.JPG

5litrarag

Reaction score
Def. not. I titled that video and its under my youtube account lol. I had that video up before the original owner on youtube lol!

At least you admit it and didnt try to take credit for my video.... hahhaha
just saw this whole thread while looking for something else. Car still sounds great and very few cars have ever matched it that I've seen in video or in person.
BTW, for those trying to get that sound, you will need a bit of cam and more compression not just a 306 w/ dr gas pipe and LTs. Thats where that good choppy sound and sharp crackle at idle is coming from.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
At least you admit it and didnt try to take credit for my video.... hahhaha
just saw this whole thread while looking for something else. Car still sounds great and very few cars have ever matched it that I've seen in video or in person.
BTW, for those trying to get that sound, you will need a bit of cam and more compression not just a 306 w/ dr gas pipe and LTs. Thats where that good choppy sound and sharp crackle at idle is coming from.

Np, i wouldn't take credit for anything not mine. I only heard one car sound like this and it was a old fox body 6-7 years ago at my old house. I went back to my old house looking for him 2 years ago and didn't see him, but the old fox was still there.

FrankenStang

Reaction score
that red one sounds just like my Tbird...i hate that sound....sounds like shit all those un even raspy claps of notes...its like rap music amoung an opera....im trying my hardest to rid that sound....im adding an X and changing mufflers and will H it if i have too...

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
that red one sounds just like my Tbird...i hate that sound....sounds like shit all those un even raspy claps of notes...its like rap music amoung an opera....im trying my hardest to rid that sound....im adding an X and changing mufflers and will H it if i have too...

LOL... the tbird is 4.6L right? I love the sound those 4.6L's make.

And lets welcome all the newer people to this thread :)

det_riot

Reaction score
You can't expect the sound of that red car in the video unless you add long tubes and an x pipe lol

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
This thread was revived? I'm gonna say LM1's will always make a pushrod 5.0 sound like a farm truck.

Twista...

WHERE MAH HEADLIGHTS????? lmao

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
This thread was revived? I'm gonna say LM1's will always make a pushrod 5.0 sound like a farm truck.

Twista...

WHERE MAH HEADLIGHTS????? lmao

Lol, still on my car. LOL im always broke and never brought the smoked lights. Going to freshen the cobra headlights out this weekend.. Might sell them still.. depends on when i can spare money for smoked lights

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Lol this thread needs to be locked!

Sent from Space

Noway man. This thread will be here unlocked till someone figures out how to make the 5.0 trumpet like a 4.6. Your kids... kids will visit this thread and there grandkids kids will also visit this thread in search of making the old 5.0 trumpet

Sent via Tapatalk Mobile

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
forget locking it, if i was a mod I'd delete it so i didn't ever have to see it again. nobody is going to figure out how to do it cause you're the only one that wants it lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online