Is this a good deal??

G

GREG@SN95

uh...

personally... I wouldn't buy used gears... but thats just me

http://americanmuscle.com/

same gears for $165

don't forget you're gonna need the install kit... and you may want to correct the speedometer... so an SCT tuner is a good idea...

My opinion...

spend a little extra cash... buy from americanmuscle.com do the whole job at once... you can be sure that everything will work so no worries down the road... and americanmuscle has free shipping!

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i thought you cant correct our cars with an SCT, i thought you had to buy the little red or white gear and a speedcal?

G

GREG@SN95

19mustang95 said:
i thought you cant correct our cars with an SCT, i thought you had to buy the little red or white gear and a speedcal?

oops...

I didnt realize you had a 95

no you buy a mechanical speedo gear...

I would still just buy new ones

97WhitePony

Reaction score
remember, youll have to shim them too... i would just say no, and buy some Ford gears, that way you dont have to shim them, and you can drop them in and have NO problems

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
19mustang95 said:

oops...

I didnt realize you had a 95

no you buy a mechanical speedo gear...

I would still just buy new ones

actually i have a 96, does that make a difference?

S

scarface

You have to change the gear in the 96 also, or buy a speedcal. So many people tried to tell me that a tuner could correct my speedo, till I tried to do it. 96 has a mechanical speedo, not electrical.

Used gears are bad news. You never know what you are getting into.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online