Is this a job I want to tackle in the driveway??

Hybridbird

Reaction score
OK since I've had my car it's had this I dunno rubbing/grinding coming from the right front wheel area.I wrote it off as either a bad tire,bent wheel or even a warped rotor because it's coming from the rotating assembly somewhere and inreases/decreases with speed.Well I've got new wheels/tires/brakes and it has remained the same,so the only thing I can think of now is the hub/bearing assembly.Well I bought a new one today and was wondering if anyone has done this before and if it can be done in the driveway with regular tools and a 1/2 drive torque wrench,or do I need air tools?Any write ups around here on this that I'm just not finding?Any and all suggestions or tips would be appreciated!Thanx for the read guys.

S

scarface

you can easily do it in the driveway, but you need a huge socket. I used a 1inch drive set.

OP
OP
H

Hybridbird

Reaction score
Any chance you remember what size the socket was?I don't have any near that big and would like to avoid buying a whole set, and just get the one I need,cuz I will probably never use a whole set that big.Besides, I probably don't even want to know what a whole set of those huge fuckers costs,that and it would cut into beer funds :drunk: and we just can't have that. :banana: :hammer:

97blackgt

Reaction score
Raise and support vehicle, then remove wheel and tire assembly.
Remove front hub cap grease seal from wheel hub and discard seal.
Remove two front disc brake caliper assembly bolts, then caliper assembly and suspend with suitable wire. CAUTION : Do not let front disc brake caliper assembly hang by front brake hose.
Remove front disc brake rotor, then factory push on nuts.
Remove front axle wheel hub retainer and discard.
Remove wheel hub and bearing. If assembly cannot be removed by hand, use front hub remover/replacer T81P-1104-C, or equivalent.
Reverse procedure to install. Torque wheel hub retainer to 189-254 ft lb.

maybe this will help...not sure on the size sry....but i would guess 1 1-8 or so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online