Is this cause for concern?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the only pointers I will give is to have some ramps or something ready to put the wheels back down on after you jack it up. It needs to be at ride height when you tighten the nuts/bolts for the arm. How hard it is to set up the ride height will depend on how good you are at making the adjustments and how anal you are about getting them matched perfectly. At some point you just going to say it is good enough because you have had enough.
Thx, ttocs. Thankfully, I have a set of ramps, 2 sets of jack stands and a god floor jack. Looks like I’m going to need all of them to git ‘er dun!
Just waiting for daylight now so I can get going on it.

Note to self: get a grease gun for zerk fittings!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, you can install them with the car off the ground and the engine out without issue.
Ok, white95. A ‘lil surprised as I thought I was onto something, but I’m gonna trust ya. Have steered me wrong yet (big thumbs up!) so come daylight here I go....

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those tubes are for the installation of the bushings. Windex or 409 will remove the residual crap from your skin quickly.
Windex and orange scrub at the ready, thx!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
No problem. You’ll probably adjust the rear spring perches a few times before you’re happy with the results anyway.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Making progress on the second RUCA...
0F89134F-0AE8-4295-AC7A-BA389E746FB4.jpeg
Next, install new RUCA. Fingers crossed on lining it up for the diff end bolt!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
.... and I’m done for the day! Rounded off the bolt on the MM tool so will look to replace it tomorrow then resume. I’m about 1/4” - 3/8” short of centering the bushing. Rats!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SUCCESS!!! Got the second RUCA in. Job done! Just in time, too. Started raining on top of being in the 40’s. Now I know that’s chump weather for many of you, especially this time of year, but we Californian’s are used to earthquakes, firestorms and mud slides.... not this so much! LOL
3187621D-73F5-4180-915C-12F6297E7931.jpeg

Wmac

Reaction score
Take a victory lap, drink a few beers, then get your azz out their tomorrow and start on the lowers. j/k

Nice work.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Relentless, that’s what you are!! But yes, tomorrow after the games today, I will resume!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Take a victory lap, drink a few beers, then get your azz out their tomorrow and start on the lowers. j/k

Nice work.
Took a victory lap. Then another. Drank a couple/few beers. Then another! And it’s been raining ever since, so haven’t gotten my azz back out there for Phase II

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lowers installed yet?
Not yet. Weather’s been uncooperative. Storm seems to have passed now though. Just need to coax my buddy over again. Need that extra set of hands and his knowledge to expedite the process if ya knows what I means!?

Based on the removal, I suspect the forward bolts will be the hardest, especially with the roll bar wedged in there, too. I think once we get past finagling those puppies in there, it’ll be downhill from there (fingers crossed!)

Last edited:

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
I just got done installing the same uppers and lower control arms. Once each arm is removed the rear end shifts and the bolt holes no longer line up. I found using a cheap tie down strap wrapped around the rear end and the other end attached to something strong ( I used my truck tow shackle). Simply ratchet the strap until the holes line up again. Also when doing the upper rearend bushings, buy the maximum Motorsport tool, it makes a miserable job easy. I also installed eibach front and rear sway bars at the same time, still haven’t drove it yet, putting on a magnaflow exhaust. D56491BE-911E-4EBF-B316-25DEF6DACA3E.jpegBC31E852-E31E-42D4-B30C-88D1293779B8.jpeg4D70BCEF-73A7-4551-9E4E-FFD0DCC7C30B.jpeg

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just got done installing the same uppers and lower control arms. Once each arm is removed the rear end shifts and the bolt holes no longer line up. I found using a cheap tie down strap wrapped around the rear end and the other end attached to something strong ( I used my truck tow shackle). Simply ratchet the strap until the holes line up again. Also when doing the upper rearend bushings, buy the maximum Motorsport tool, it makes a miserable job easy. I also installed eibach front and rear sway bars at the same time, still haven’t drove it yet, putting on a magnaflow exhaust. View attachment 9259View attachment 9260View attachment 9261
Sounds exactly like my set up! I was able to borrow the MM tool from a forum member who actually lives close by

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010