IS350 brakes for gt?

Andyrt45

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the group here I'm working on getting is 350 brakes working on our gt cars Mines a 98 fitment is close but there will be other small issues to deal with aswell.
Brakes came off of any is350 up to 2016 I believe they are 13.1 directional rotors, 4 piston calipers. Hope I can get em to fit soon

Attachments

• Brake04.jpg
    Brake04.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Brake03.jpg
    Brake03.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Brake01.jpg
    Brake01.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 17
  • Brake02.jpg
    Brake02.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 15

07GtS197

Reaction score
Are you trying to get them to fit for fun or like as an alternative to other big brake kits? It’s a cool idea especially if it’s cheap but there are other kits that are pretty much plug and play.

OP
OP
A

Andyrt45

Reaction score
Yeah I'm trying to set it up as a cheap alternative to BBK, the set is 100 bucks from a junk yard calipers and rotors. I'm sourcing everything I can to make them as close to p&p for anyone.

OP
OP
A

Andyrt45

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll post any additional parts required. Trying to keep it as cost effective as possible

07GtS197

Reaction score
There was a member on here who modified s197 calipers to fit over 13” cobra rotors. He had to weld new material and tap new mounting holes though. It was an interesting idea though.

OP
OP
A

Andyrt45

Reaction score
Ooof that's too much I rather just get some brake lines and a bracket if that don't work then it won't be as purposeful as I'd hope lol
Cool thing about the rotors though is they are directional which helps with cooling.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Cadillac ATS calipers are as cheap and easy as it gets for a Big Brake Kit.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Something I forgot, in addition to what badass suggests, is that a lot of people on s197forum got Chinese copies of the gt500 brembos. They were marketed as the real deal but were found to be copies, but they still functioned as well. I’ve noticed copies of cobra calipers on eBay recently, that would be a cheap alternative as well.

OP
OP
A

Andyrt45

Reaction score
I wanna Def try something different, I like these brakes just cause they are a 4 pot, the rotors are designed for cooling from oem. And they are mean to stop a fat ass sedan so I hope the braking wo t dissapoint

07GtS197

Reaction score
I wanna Def try something different, I like these brakes just cause they are a 4 pot, the rotors are designed for cooling from oem. And they are mean to stop a fat ass sedan so I hope the braking wo t dissapoint
I think that’s cool what you’re doing. It’s not something I would do is all. Not trying to sway you either way, do what you want. I think we’re all just trying to help you. It’s not a question of whether it can be done, it’s about how much time and effort it’ll take and for not much more braking power than other big brake kits that are meant for these cars. Like I said I’ll be watching this one.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Something I forgot, in addition to what badass suggests, is that a lot of people on s197forum got Chinese copies of the gt500 brembos. They were marketed as the real deal but were found to be copies, but they still functioned as well. I’ve noticed copies of cobra calipers on eBay recently, that would be a cheap alternative as well.

Chinese made calipers is definitely not something I'd want to take a gamble on.

OP
OP
A

Andyrt45

Reaction score
They clear 17 inch wheels and the set with rotors was 100 bucks at a junk yard

07GtS197

Reaction score
Chinese made calipers is definitely not something I'd want to take a gamble on.
True, however like I said a lot of people are still running them without issues. As long as they don’t leak really what could happen? It’s a piece of metal, there’s not much to fail really. Most of the crap we use today is from China now anyway. I bet there are many cars that have brake components made in China. I’m just saying yeah they are copies but I don’t think they would fail just because they’re Chinese made.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
"What could possible fail?"? Yes it is just a piece of metal, with some critically important machining done to it that is used to bring your car to a stop. There might not be much of a penalty for failure...

07GtS197

Reaction score

I think you’d know pretty quickly if they’re going to fail or not. Just because it’s a copy doesn’t mean it’s bad. Look at all the parts that are copies that are made in different countries that are fine. Look at all the Chinese small block heads that people run. There’s an inherent risk with running anything aftermarket, name brand or not. I’m sure brembo and Wilwood have had bad components as well. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad brand. And you do realize that most remans are from China.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

I think you’d know pretty quickly if they’re going to fail or not. Just because it’s a copy doesn’t mean it’s bad. Look at all the parts that are copies that are made in different countries that are fine. Look at all the Chinese small block heads that people run. There’s an inherent risk with running anything aftermarket, name brand or not. I’m sure brembo and Wilwood have had bad components as well. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad brand. And you do realize that most remans are from China.
There is a possibility that they copied the original perfectly, used the same quality metals/tooling/finishing/QC and then just sold them for less. Heck there is even the possibility that they improved the design, used better quality materials and finishing/QC and are building a superior product.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online