isolators?

GRECS121

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading alot on some of the Mustang sites I visit about people removing their isolators when they lower their car. My question is would removing the isolators effect ride quality? I bought a 95GT that already came lowered but the ride quality is :eek:utofcloset:. Just trying to figure out possible solutions before I go purchase anything.

Thanks Guys

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I have no experience but from what I've heard it usually makes no difference in anything. Some people say the ride is louder/squeekier but others say nothing changes.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i was toying with this idea, but i heard if you go long tubes dont take em out. I also heard if you do take them out wrap some tape around the tops of them to get rid of the squeeks.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
i was toying with this idea, but i heard if you go long tubes dont take em out. I also heard if you do take them out wrap some tape around the tops of them to get rid of the squeeks.

yeah, longtubes and no isolators is a pain in the ass. unless your stang is a garage queen like mine

S

scarface

I have longtubes, and no Isos. I wrapped the springs with tape, so no noises. THere isnt any ride difference with or without.

OP
OP
G

GRECS121

Reaction score
here are the 2 pictures I have on my computer. Hopefully all the snow and salt on the roads will go away soon so I can give it a nice cleaning and get some nicer pics.

100_3129.jpg

100_3128.jpg

Here is a a short video of the exhuast

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
car sounds mean! whats your exhaust setup?? i saw it said offroad hpipe, what else?

OP
OP
G

GRECS121

Reaction score
Ford racing headers, MAC OFFroad H and a bassani catback

Thanks for the compliments. Your cobra makes me so jealous :khobra:

Nightcrawler

Reaction score
without isolators the spring will rub against the control arm and it will over time will destroy the spring

S

scarface

Nightcrawler said:
without isolators the spring will rub against the control arm and it will over time will destroy the spring
it would actually go through the control arm before it rubbed through the spring, but it would take a gagillion years for either to happen.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
DFG is the win... :bunny3:

and for the people that say you need iso's if you have longtubes are just being big scaredy cats..i have them and i have been contemplating taking off the dead coil from my springs.. 8)

Nightcrawler

Reaction score
uhm i have heard different, Its the spring that starts to unravel as it worn...

That was from the guys at Maximum Motorsports. They advise against running no isolators

S

scarface

Nightcrawler said:
uhm i have heard different, Its the spring that starts to unravel as it worn...

That was from the guys at Maximum Motorsports. They advise against running no isolators
how would the spring unravel?lots of cars come without isolators from the factory...but its all good man O0 I choose to not run them...you run them.. We can still be friends :)

Nightcrawler

Reaction score
yes yes we can......

PARTY TIME :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :behind: huh?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online