ISos do or don't?

Gtvert

Reaction score
I have a 96 vert with 295/35/18 &265/35/18 I'll be putting h&r super sport springs. Should I run ISos or not? I want it to sit lower but how much lower will it be? Suggestions?

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
If you want an additional .5 drop approximately, do it. I would. Will be worth it. Just remember to wrap the ends with electical tape to prevent any metal on metal contact. Post pics of the sick stance!

TanTop94

Reaction score
I think new isos give like a .5" difference...depending on your offset you might rub on the fender lip. People on here have slammed their cars so I can only imagine that youd be ok taking the isos out. Just make sure to atleast put some electrical tape over the ends of the springs or they will squeak.

joekd

Reaction score
I used urethane iso's when i did my springs just to be sure there was no noise at all

Sinned83

Reaction score
This. I used the poly ones. I wasn't gonna spend the $ on springs and shocks and cheap out on the ISO's

slow90coupe

Reaction score
No isos ftw. I honestly wouldn't even waste my time with the electrical tape either, it will just wear through.

mattmathis

Reaction score
I used heater hose on mine. Not as thick as the isos but works better than tape to prevent squeaking. Just lube it and slide it over the first coil.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Go to Walmart and buy a bike inner tube and slide it over the ends of the springs if u are worried about noise. Works fine on mine so far

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
You could also go to an electrical supply house and get some heat shrink tubing. It would last longer than electrical tape and prolly still do the job just as well as anything else.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You could also go to an electrical supply house and get some heat shrink tubing. It would last longer than electrical tape and prolly still do the job just as well as anything else.
[MENTION=11138]joekd[/MENTION] don't you have an opinion on this? Lol

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Those are the exact tire sizes that I have in my sig. Rears are rolled but no rubbing

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fwiw, when I pulled my isos, it dropped the car about .7". The electrical tape held up just fine for the year I ran those springs.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Just get the poly urethane Iso's. They are not as thick as OEM so you get meaner job while still being able to take bumps and pot holes. Look at my sig pic, full ISO's all around with h&r super sports.

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Here is mine with H&R SS with no isos. I used electrical tape with no issues.

image_zpsa545a10f.jpg

Sinned83

Reaction score
Do what you see fit man but I put the pro kit on my 94 with Kyb's and Isos it rode better than stock. Your gonna have a rough ride slammed with no Isos but to each his own.

teal95gt

Reaction score
I would say prothane isos if it will be a dd I would highly suggest using isos. But in the end it is your money and your car so do whatever makes you happy.

OP
OP
G

Gtvert

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll leave them in for now since it's just a cruise around car don't want it too rough for wife n kids. If I don't like the look with them I'll yank them.

NERD

Reaction score
I pulled my fronts just for a little added rake. I needed CC plates after that but it wasn't that big of a deal.

After you pull them and put them back a few times you can do all 4 sides in about an hour. Easy money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online