Issues after '00 CobraR brake swap

amf201091

Reaction score
I replaced my 98' Gt with front cobra r brakes/ss lines. After installing I went to bleed brakes but now I have no brake pressure. I doubled checked everything and no fluids coming out anywhere...

I replaced one hard brake line cause I thought it was stripped (didnt cap off line and fluid bled out for a day or two from abs module. I know bad boy) so something in relation to that?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
If those calipers have twin bleed screws you need to make sure both are bled as part of the procedure. Each caliper must be bled like so:

Inside bleeder / Outside bleeder / Inside again

And check master cylinder capacity after each caliper because the big brake calipers hold more fluid than the stockers.

FWIW, all hardline nuts have to be tightened with everything you got - but just make sure you use an actual line wrench and not a regular open end. Box end wrenches are usually 12-point so don't use those either. Only use a line wrench which is sort of like an open end but it has more material to it in order to grip more of the 'circumference' of the bolt head.

Dubsport

Reaction score
Bleeders on top side of caliper (calipers installed on correct side?)

badass98svt

Reaction score
If you replaced a hard line it can take a bit to get that fluid pumping through again.

LEGALLYFAST

Reaction score
Like he said, it takes a bit more time than you think. Start farthest away and go from there. Make sure you don't run low on fluid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online