Issues with my 1994 Cobra

jws4621

Reaction score
I was installing a new stereo tonight and found these two things.

First my steering shaft seems to have a bearing hanging out of it?

wwaw6x.jpg

Second this is looking under the dash on the drivers side under the radio. Hard to get a good pic of it but there is a blue box with two connectors undone. What does this box do?

nwzoro.jpg

I have owned it about two weeks so I haven't learned all about it yet.

Thanks in advance

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I don't know much about the bearing issue on the steering shaft, but the blue box is your airbag module. With those unplugged you wont have airbags. Disconnect the battery and plug them in. You might have a error code (light) after. Google "mustang airbag code 52" and there will be how-to's on how to reset the code and your good to go as long as there are no other issues.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
After smashing my first Stang pretty good and the bags deployed after I tried to start it again . I don't use the bags anymore lol

OP
OP
jws4621

jws4621

Reaction score
Seems the lower bearing is actually a pretty common issue at one point. The only problem is no one makes a new one now. Any idea's if the steering shafts are basically the same all the way to 2004?

Doesn't seem to effect anything. The steering shaft is solid basically all the way to the other end other than the joints. I don't believe a failure of this particular deal will be catastrophic.

I would like to replace it though.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Seems the lower bearing is actually a pretty common issue at one point. The only problem is no one makes a new one now. Any idea's if the steering shafts are basically the same all the way to 2004?

Doesn't seem to effect anything. The steering shaft is solid basically all the way to the other end other than the joints. I don't believe a failure of this particular deal will be catastrophic.

I would like to replace it though.

94-04 all the same. I have one just sitting on my shelf. Mine has some slop but dont know what it is yet so I will keep it until I know of I need it or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online