‘97 Cobra Restomod

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
Good luck with your sale. What's next?

i'm kinda torn between base GT without a spoiler and the HPP ecoboost with handling pack. Deciding which is more important, handling or the sound.
Based on lack of activity on my ad it seems like I got plenty of time to decide :D

joemomma

Reaction score
Just my opinion, which ain't worth much, but I'd stay away from the EB. They can be quick with just a tune, but I don't think you'll be happy without the V8.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
i've been happy with non v8's most my life and handling matters to me and the turbo hpp is better at that. only on a highway could a GT reel it in. What the GT has going for it is 1. it comes with a few things the hpp has already (nice exhaust, brakes, and power) but it lacks the torsen diff and some of the dodads the hpp would just come with.

or maybe my heap doesn't sell and I don't have to decide :D

Snorky

Reaction score
That HIPO is pretty sweet.. gotta love that focus rs engine. It is very attractive to me. But the only thing that sings me in the other direction would be the baratone symphony of a v8... even the ugly coyote sound.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
i think i realized today i just want a good GT driver's car. so... mustang GT it probably is. i didn't think about how much i wanted to do stuff like pick the kids up from school or take them to stuff and they can't really share in the experience if i just have a 2 seater. plus, its not too bad but having a conversation in the car at highway speed takes a little more effort than most other cars

that said, this car is too much of a blast to drive so im not taking a bath on it. maybe i gotta wait for sn95's to be coveted like the foxbody well that is drying up.

:D

Snorky

Reaction score
You can alway
i think i realized today i just want a good GT driver's car. so... mustang GT it probably is. i didn't think about how much i wanted to do stuff like pick the kids up from school or take them to stuff and they can't really share in the experience if i just have a 2 seater. plus, its not too bad but having a conversation in the car at highway speed takes a little more effort than most other cars

that said, this car is too much of a blast to drive so im not taking a bath on it. maybe i gotta wait for sn95's to be coveted like the foxbody well that is drying up.

:D
You can always get another, put some ford racing springs in it.. some sort of middle of the road mellow exhaust, and stab a cam in it for some flare and use that as the cruiser... and then you can keep the other one for the track

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
honestly i wouldn't build another fox chassis car. there's just too much I had to fix on this one. whatever happens next i'll start with a much more modern chassis that doessn't require so much work.

Snorky

Reaction score
That
honestly i wouldn't build another fox chassis car. there's just too much I had to fix on this one. whatever happens next i'll start with a much more modern chassis that doessn't require so much work.
Is true, sometimes you get lucky when buying older cars. 1994-1998 cars seem particularly difficult to find in good shape. Seems like very few had love for them

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
That

Is true, sometimes you get lucky when buying older cars. 1994-1998 cars seem particularly difficult to find in good shape. Seems like very few had love for them

one thing about it, when it comes sn95's time to shine them existing for only 4 years, being totally neglected, and the cobras being very few and far between will likely result in a hefty value if i can't sell this for what i want now. look at what foxes in good shape are going for when they're objectively one of the worst looking mustangs and were made from 1979-1993.

Snorky

Reaction score
one thing about it, when it comes sn95's time to shine them existing for only 4 years, being totally neglected, and the cobras being very few and far between will likely result in a hefty value if i can't sell this for what i want now. look at what foxes in good shape are going for when they're objectively one of the worst looking mustangs and were made from 1979-1993.
You make an Excellent point there.. foxes are ugly as hell.. but they are pretty cool. I have actually been looking at getting a cobra roller to stuff the v10 into. Would probably ruin the value

Snorky

Reaction score
On your cobras Vin # is it a P42D? Or a P42T? The car im going to look at says cobra on the title, but the the VIN says P45T. Which according to a lot of google VIN decoders is a GT vert.

Snorky

Reaction score
Ahhh.. also read V might be used on cobras as well. Interesting.. this VIN business is getting confusing. Thanks man!

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
I doubt the title says cobra with that vin or the courthouse screwed up. vins don't lie. if you want a real cobra mine is for sale :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online