‘97 Cobra Restomod

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Looks good man. It’s going to be great to see this thing outside in the sun after you put in all that work.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
finished the front bumper and (hopefully) primed the last of the parts for the final shoot.
Since the primer is so close to the final color you should start to see the end result a lot more clearly now.primed1.jpgprimed3.jpgprimed4.jpgprined2.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
did you smooth out the license plate spot on the stock bumper?
yep. bit of an experiment with lots of reinforcement, rivets, and some special filler i found for plastic bumpers. we'll see how it holds up.
so far taking it off and messing with it (not being gentle at all) hasn't resulted in any cracks so I think hanging on the front of the car will be a non issue.

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
I just love this angle

clean.jpg

time to do the hood

vents3.jpg

vents1.jpg

yep. black.

vents.jpg

got a couple fisheyes in the hood so i only did one pass of avalanche grey. I'll have to redo it when i do the roof. this'll do for now.

parts3.jpg

she finally see's the sun and ran for the first time in a few weeks. cranked right up.

outside.jpg

outside2.jpg

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
fish eyes - doesn't that mean some oil contaminated your system somehow?

could be tons of different stuff. its one tiny spot on the hood so it could just be some solvent that hadn't evaporated yet. definitely not oil in my gun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online