Its working out :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
O0 :bunny3:

Ok well some of you probably know that i was involved in an wreck and i was sandwhiched between two cars. Well guys the verdict finally came down and my car is getting repaired. :banana: Well i'm getting the factory ford cobra bumpers and fogs and lights. I'm getting a H.O. Fiber trends Cobra R hood "the actual cobra r hood used by ford on the 95 R's". Well they said they are starting on the car the beginning of next week. So anyway, further in... I took them my steeda race wing that has been messed up for a long time and removed and they are going to totally repaint the car and fix and replace the wing. They were aready going to paint over 50 % of the car so i asked how much to do the rest and they said to me that it should be 500 dollars so YEA!!!

I can't wait... And i've taken my cars and trucks only to this man b/c he is like a paint god and he makes sure it is totally correct before he lets it roll out his shop and don't joke when it comes to his bussiness. If anyone is in the lower N.C. area and would like his number or shop name please let me know. Now all i need is someone to replace the top for cheap ;D So now that the outside is totally fixed i can start working on the inside and motor :khobra:

Hit me back with some responces :dancing6:

Mitchell

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Thats awesome man! Sometimes I wish someone would hit my car so i wouldn't have to pay to repaint it LOL

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
well i'm not getting away with the whole thing getting painted, but since they are painting half the car i might as well "since i want the car to match right" get the rest painted. But i've been fighting the insurance company for about a month now trying to get it straitened out so i guess it worked itself out but i'm tired of driving a damn four cylender rental... :comando:

Mitchell

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
sorry, i don't have a camera to post them... I have them on my cell but for some reason i can't send them to my email... Pissen me off, since i don't got that kinda loot to drop on a stinkin camera :mad:

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
hey guys, any one of you know if they can tune the air bag light off these cars? I'm unplugging mine when i get them back i was wondering if they could tune the thing where the light would be off. Kinda like the mil light when you put on some off road pipes...

I just found out that when they got the parts for the car, 2400 out of the 4700 is going to the air bags and the shit you have to get with them... Thats rediculouse. I'm turning them damn things off.

S

scarface

voidfinger said:
hey guys, any one of you know if they can tune the air bag light off these cars? I'm unplugging mine when i get them back i was wondering if they could tune the thing where the light would be off. Kinda like the mil light when you put on some off road pipes...

I just found out that when they got the parts for the car, 2400 out of the 4700 is going to the air bags and the shit you have to get with them... Thats rediculouse. I'm turning them damn things off.
hey man, I had that problem on my 93 after hitting a deer... I couldnt get it turned off or pass inspection with it on. So I pulled the airbag bulb out of the cluster.

Dusstbuster

Reaction score
So you're just going to leave the airbags out?

If you ever get caught driving without airbags you're going to be paying a hefty fine...

9psi 98

Reaction score
I'd rather pay for an airbag than cave in my face and chest by hitting the steering wheel. You never know if/when you're going to get in an accident man. It's kind of like having car insurance. You can go without it if you're really careful and don't have a lien on your title, but you're totally screwed if you ever hit anyone else. The money you save now may cost you a few hundred thousand dollars and a lot of pain down the road. Play it safe man.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Dusstbuster said:
So you're just going to leave the airbags out?

If you ever get caught driving without airbags you're going to be paying a hefty fine...

No airbags still in, but disconnected from the sensor.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
9psi 98 said:
I'd rather pay for an airbag than cave in my face and chest by hitting the steering wheel. You never know if/when you're going to get in an accident man. It's kind of like having car insurance. You can go without it if you're really careful and don't have a lien on your title, but you're totally screwed if you ever hit anyone else. The money you save now may cost you a few hundred thousand dollars and a lot of pain down the road. Play it safe man.

Well thanks for your opinion... but thats what my raceing seats and five point harness are for. I never touched the air bag when this accident happened. I was at least 8inches to a foot in front of me when it happened. So no problems there. But next time... they wont be like "well we are probably going to have to total out your car since the air bags are going to cost more than replaceing you whole front end and you back bumper and stuff." I'll be damned if that is going to happen again. :mad:

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Well they will see that you didnt get it fixed and you will have more problems then!

9psi 98

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
9psi 98 said:

Well thanks for your opinion... but thats what my raceing seats and five point harness are for. I never touched the air bag when this accident happened. I was at least 8inches to a foot in front of me when it happened. So no problems there. But next time... they wont be like "well we are probably going to have to total out your car since the air bags are going to cost more than replaceing you whole front end and you back bumper and stuff." I'll be damned if that is going to happen again. :mad:

Tha harnesses will make the airbags pretty much worthless to you...as long as you rock the 5-pointers 100% of the time and don't shove them behind the seat like I used to. :)

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
Well they will see that you didnt get it fixed and you will have more problems then!

What you mean man, they are fixed and they are funtional, but i'm just unplugging them... or maybe i will yank the fuse out... and if they say something after a "wreck" god i hope not but if they do i can say its a blown fuse :)

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
My car should be back to me by the end of the week :) I need to find someone with a digital camera so i can get some pics for the good people on this forum >:D

ripper

Reaction score
scarface said:
voidfinger said:

hey man, I had that problem on my 93 after hitting a deer... I couldnt get it turned off or pass inspection with it on. So I pulled the airbag bulb out of the cluster.

Hittin a deer LMAO Thats how ya hunt down there ya hick, Yas run em over with yer pick ups lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online