I've got some issues I need cleared up..

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have a few problems with the car I need to diagnose and maybe you guys can help me out...

* When I get on the car in 1st or 2nd w/ more than half throttle it seems as if there's a vibrating noise coming from the differential area. You can also feel a slight vibration on the floor as well, but you have to feel for it to actually feel it. When I got my 4:10's in they said that the posi is on it's way out so I'm assuming that's the case being that they we're put in about 8k ago. What do you guys think? Posi or no?

* Also when the car warms up pretty good, like if the weather is over 80-85* and fully heated up, the car makes a humming/small vibrating noise when I turn the wheel. It's consistant with the turn too. I don't think it could be my pump because the belt would be screeching when I turn and it doesn't at all. Anyone out there with the same problem?

Ender

Reaction score
Do you still have the differential weight attached? That could be the cause of your vibration if you have removed it.

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's on. It did it a little bit before I put the gear in and after the gear was put in it ran perfectly (the shop said they tightened up some shit or somthing). Now after 8k with the gear in it's starting to act up. It doesn't help that I've been a little harder on it latley than usual but I think it's time for a new posi...

Any input on the steering?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ender said:
Do you still have the differential weight attached? That could be the cause of your vibration if you have removed it.

i took mine off beacuse lots do but i got a slight vibration on the highway so i stuck it back on. so check that man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81