I've Made a Huge Mistake

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Some of you might remember me, but I haven't posted here very often in the past few years, mostly because i haven't had a Mustang. I sold my project fox body about a year ago, and the last running Mustang I had was sold to 330cube just over two years ago. here's a little rundown of a few cars i've had over the years.

And here is why i've made a huge mistake. My sister called me while she was at a dealership looking for a new SUV for her and her family (mustang wasn't big enough for them with a kid and such). They told me they only offered her $2500 for her car and asked what she should do. I told her she could get more selling it herself, but she was getting on good deal on her SUV because it was the last day of the month. Then i said a few words that I may regret, "I'll give you $2500 instead of you just giving the car to the dealership." Two weeks later, I drove down to my sister's and picked up this 2003 Mustang GT with 93,000 miles. Calling it a project doesn't even begin to explain all the things i need to do. My sister bought it with a few things i consider tasteless, but she liked them. :rolleyes: So first thing for me to do is to demod this thing ASAP.

O3uFPoql.jpg

The terror of people seeing me drive a car with altezza taillights. :cry: It use to have a billet license plate surround too.

BE1sg3rl.jpg

She ripped off one of the Roush spats pulling into a parking spot. :slowclap: It had a billet grill too

N74Ngn1l.jpg

Before and after of cleaning the front wheel

RddH4lil.jpg

WgXPQVyl.jpg

So yeah, the paint is far gone from the South Florida sun, so i'm thinking of dipping it in a matte red or something. I'm going to take the iso's out to get a little more low. And since 99-01 Cobra bumpers are astronomical in price, i'll probably end up with a Mach 1 chin and grille delete. then i'm going to try and stay with my promise of not doing anything else to the car, but when that ends since it always does, i'm thinking On3 Turbo kit.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome back, I guess! You had some great looking previous cars! Looks like you really know your stuff about making a car look good so surely this car will make it there!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$2500 for a new edge GT with under 100K miles sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Apart from all the cosmetic things here and there, is it mechanically sound or lacking in that department too?

Also, that old mystic Cobra of yours looked absolutely killer.

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
$2500 for a new edge GT with under 100K miles sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Apart from all the cosmetic things here and there, is it mechanically sound or lacking in that department too?

Also, that old mystic Cobra of yours looked absolutely killer.

Besides a rusted out flowmaster, it's in pretty good shape mechanically. And it has brand new tires on it, which saves me a ton. And yeah, that Mystic will always be the one i miss the most. too bad it turned into this

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
bahhhh! Welcome back! I remember your sig. lol. I hope you're happy with the new stang! :)

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Where's the mistake? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Not a mistake at all, seeing as you could put $2500 into it and sell it for $7K if you were inclined to do that. Good deal.

Carnage281

Reaction score
And now my day has been ruined after seeing the mystic cobra. T_T Nice new edge btw.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Damn, great deal on that new edge...dat mystic doe. So much torque you made the truck flip.

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE what you're doing with your cobra, the exposed engine is all-the-rage nowadays :D

But really, what a steal for that GT.

Tommy92

Reaction score
I dont see the mistake.. it looks like you can put in a grand into it and make 2-3k out of it. Or you can turbo it like you said and itll be a fun car. Hurts to see a great mustang being wrecked though lol I love Mystics. Welcome back!

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Not a mistake, a investment kind of. The paint might not be all that bad if the clear coat isn't peeling then it could just be heavy oxidation from the sun.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome back, you saved that car from a life of Altezza!

If that is all that comes from this you did a good deed.

Gtvert

Reaction score
Oh I see the mistake... Letting ur sis inflict pain to it? J/k that's a pretty good pick up though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online