I've tried everything at this point.

dirrkdiggler420

Reaction score
95 5.0 5 speed msd

New wires and new plugs lower intake gaskets and uper pulled the motor it was running fine put it back now it misfires at 3 gear and feels as if its not getting fuel at idle sometimes. New fuel filter and o ring kit fuel pump has around 35 psi. No air leaks or vac leaks. I did delete the smog and ac no egr either. No 02 sensors

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

OP
OP
dirrkdiggler420

dirrkdiggler420

Reaction score
Ran just fine prior to pulling the motor. There were no o2 sensors then either

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What ecu do you have in the car? The O2 sensors literally tell the ecu how much fuel to give the engine. Unless you’ve had it tuned and it runs in open loop all the time. Do you still have the mass airflow sensor?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
For the record, we’re all willing to help but we’d just like to understand things better.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Did you check fuel pressure with the engine running and the regulator vacuum unplugged? I figured it would be a little higher.

Also, have you tried a compression test and putting shop air through the plug holes to check for leaky valves?

can you tell us why the engine was pulled from the car? Did you do anything to the engine while it was out?

OP
OP
dirrkdiggler420

dirrkdiggler420

Reaction score
Did you check fuel pressure with the engine running and the regulator vacuum unplugged? I figured it would be a little higher.

Also, have you tried a compression test and putting shop air through the plug holes to check for leaky valves?

can you tell us why the engine was pulled from the car? Did you do anything to the engine while it was out?
So i pulled the motor to weld in new frame rails. Its was running fine. No smog no o2 no ac. I did intake gaskets uper and lower valve cover gaskets New plugs and wires. Pilot bearing throw out bearing clutch and pressure plate. We xheck timming and cleaned the cap and rotor. Getting 35 to 40 psi at the fuel rails. Doesnt seem to be any vac leaks or air.

OP
OP
dirrkdiggler420

dirrkdiggler420

Reaction score

35ish psi

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ok, so you didn’t delete them. Whoever did before you got the car is an idiot. This isn’t an electric carburetor, the computer HAS to have the reference or I promise you’ll never get it right. If you know the guy, make sure he understands this. Can you verify if the harness connectors for the upstream o2 is still there? Your car needs them!

We will help steer you through this nightmare.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Have you looked at the plugs to see if they are fouled? When you guys set base timing, did you have the spout out of the distributor and set it to 10° btdc then put a timing light on it to verify?

lutter94

Reaction score
Are you sure you have zero o2 sensors. Or did the guy just say that because it's had the cats removed. Post 5.0 had downstream o2s that monitor cat health. I presume that's what you think got deleted. If you truly don't have any o2 sensors. There's your problem.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Are you sure you have zero o2 sensors. Or did the guy just say that because it's had the cats removed. Post 5.0 had downstream o2s that monitor cat health. I presume that's what you think got deleted. If you truly don't have any o2 sensors. There's your problem.

This!

OP
OP
dirrkdiggler420

dirrkdiggler420

Reaction score
95 5.0 5 speed msd

New wires and new plugs lower intake gaskets and uper pulled the motor it was running fine put it back now it misfires at 3 gear and feels as if its not getting fuel at idle sometimes. New fuel filter and o ring kit fuel pump has around 35 psi. No air leaks or vac leaks. I did delete the smog and ac no egr either. No 02 sensors

There were no o2 beofre the motor was pulled the plugs are there but they never been there. Everything was fine till i pulled they motor. Im now thinking i fucked up the intake gaskets

OP
OP
dirrkdiggler420

dirrkdiggler420

Reaction score
95 5.0 5 speed msd

Even if it was o2 related id be able to drive it. I cant drive it after 3 gear

LEGALLYFAST

Reaction score
95 5.0 5 speed msd

What is your current firing order?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online