Jacking rails

G_94_T

Reaction score
Gonna make some jacking rails using 1" square tubing. My question is , is .0625 wall good enough for this?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
are jacking rails different from, or just a different name for sub-frame connectors?

That are added too subframe connectors. They typically run out from the surname connectors and butt up to the pinch welds under the door.

OP
OP
G

G_94_T

Reaction score
I can get .0625 stock locally....anything thicker will have to be online. What using something a little bigger, 1x1.5 or 1x2?

trebor3170

Reaction score
If I remember right, Stifflers jacking rails are 1 x 1 1/2, not sure of the wall thickness. Maybe their web site will have some more info.

OP
OP
G

G_94_T

Reaction score
If I remember right, Stifflers jacking rails are 1 x 1 1/2, not sure of the wall thickness. Maybe their web site will have some more info.

Apparently its .083.....guess I'll find something thicker

01yellercobra

Reaction score
are jacking rails different from, or just a different name for sub-frame connectors?

As mentioned, they run along the pinch weld. And they're awesome when your car is lowered. Makes raising the car that much easier since the jack doesn't have to go as far under.

OP
OP
G

G_94_T

Reaction score
As mentioned, they run along the pinch weld. And they're awesome when your car is lowered. Makes raising the car that much easier since the jack doesn't have to go as far under.

That's why I'm wanting these

95opal

Reaction score
After installing the stifflers fit kit, spider and k member brace i went to take the car off the jackstands. So i threw the jack under the rear to drop it down after giving it a couple of pumps to take the pressure of the stands i looked under the car and almost shit a brick when i noticed three wheels floating in mid air. Yeah id say they work and thats on a vert.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
After installing the stifflers fit kit, spider and k member brace i went to take the car off the jackstands. So i threw the jack under the rear to drop it down after giving it a couple of pumps to take the pressure of the stands i looked under the car and almost shit a brick when i noticed three wheels floating in mid air. Yeah id say they work and thats on a vert.

We haven’t seen your car in forever.

Better be careful or me and Scott might start questioning if you own one like we did someone else!!!!!!

Hint hint.........updates mofo!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95opal

Reaction score
We haven’t seen your car in forever.

Better be careful or me and Scott might start questioning if you own one like we did someone else!!!!!!

Hint hint.........updates mofo!!! [emoji23]

Hell I just saw my car a month ago for the first time in 7 months sadly I havent had a spare minute to even touch it. Been working 7 days a week since i returned home. I blame the smoking hot economy for my lack of spare time... Dam Trump lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hell I just saw my car a month ago for the first time in 7 months sadly I havent had a spare minute to even touch it. Been working 7 days a week since i returned home. I blame the smoking hot economy for my lack of spare time... Dam Trump lol

Yes, how dare our president help the economy pick up and people have all this work to do now. [emoji1787]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.