JB's Cinnamon Interior

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks man...IMO tan would be a waste...I've never understood why people spend tons of money just to make their interior look like another stock interior. Different strokes.

Been struggling with just this issue. I am going to need to do something with my seats shortly as now with new black carpet, some new door panels for the stereo and everything else the stock cloth seats will stick out like a sore thumb. My problem has always been in replacing the seats since the 94-95s are so nice with the adjustable bolster/lumbar controls have lasted well and it just seems wrong to ditch them. I considered going with cobra seats like everyone else but now those seats are 10 yrs old and starting to wear, while still cost as much as an aftermarkets set. I would go aftermarket but my problem there is that I have no place in town that I can try the seats at and I don't want to get stuck with a seat I hate. With all that in mind I am just going to get a really nice new custom-cover for my stockers and re-use them. While I know the stock seats will look, well stock I am planning on making the ner cover nice enough that you know it wasn't from ford.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
That's the reason I ended up going with custom reupholstered seats...I wanted 03 cobras, but they're like 1500 for a really good set, and they are charcoal so it wouldn't match...and they wouldn't really be anything special. So I figured why not spend a couple extra bucks and get REAL leather seats, and spice things up a bit.

95riosnake

Reaction score
My God I love the new interior! I feel like the dash needs something to tie the color into it, just a suggestion... looks sick regardless.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
found a couple of places I am looking at to have a custom set of covers going, did you have yours done locally or online?

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
found a couple of places I am looking at to have a custom set of covers going, did you have yours done locally or online?
Local shop near Boston...guy did very good work. I looked at several places online...but their options were extremely limited.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
My God I love the new interior! I feel like the dash needs something to tie the color into it, just a suggestion... looks sick regardless.
Thanks brotha! I wanted to do a 2-tone steering wheel to match, but the guy who did my seats said it wouldn't be worth it so I didn't even ask a price. My wheel is shot...so I need to do something. Maybe I'll go back to him and see what kind of number I'm looking at...I'll be going back to him next season for a suede headliner/a-pillars/c-pillars.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
am I too picky in wanting the seats covered but not wanting as many wrinkles in them as you have? I mean I am willin to pay for it but I want them to have a stock fit and look clean/smooth.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
am I too picky in wanting the seats covered but not wanting as many wrinkles in them as you have? I mean I am willin to pay for it but I want them to have a stock fit and look clean/smooth.
Yea they have some wrinkles...the back seats more than the fronts...I think its because my seats are older and a little bit worn, so when he pulled them apart and traced the fabrics...the new fabric was probably created in the "worn" spec, so its a little bit loose. Regardless...I'm happy...most luxury interiors have a looser, softer fit anyway...so I'm cool with it. Vinyl interiors are always firm and plastic-looking.

twovalveterror

Reaction score
told ya dude! sn owners usually hate anything not oem in style, lol! plus your never gonna please everyone! but just knowing how fn hard you worked on this and to simply diss the fuuckk out of it is typical on a mustang forum, lol! not even my hard work and dedication and it pisses me off, lol! but i think you pulled off a great looking interior and i wouldnt even reply to the fn haters cause thats what they do. HATE, lol.

there has been one person with something negative to say. and he wasn't all that harsh about it. SN owners aren't a bunch of old men sitting on the porch cursing the new fangled hip-hop.

glad you liked the way it turned out. I think it looks awesome and as you said I'm sure it's better in person. last I saw you were looking for new seats. what did you get and how do you like them?

as others have said, I would like to see more billet in the dash and doors as in the M3. I have wondered for a long time how I could incorporate some into my interior in an elegant way, as in, not the gaudy kits on AM.

OP
OP
J

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
I do like the brushed silver in the BMW...but as you said, all the billet mustang accents available in the market are horrible. This car actually had billet everything when I bought it and I removed all of it and went back to stock.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i wonder if they had to do anything different when recovering a racing style seat. or if they can beef up the padding?

sscobra

Reaction score
Looks great. I just think the console lid should have stayed black. It looks alittle out of place. Like that is the center point of what you see. I think it would make the seats and door panels stand out more to be honest.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have a billet headlight knob and hate it with a passion....... ... why did the OEM have to suck so much??? :-[ lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online