JLT TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE???

RIFTER11

Reaction score
So - JLT makes (2) different CAI's for my car :dancing6:, but they both advertise the same gains in HP and TRQ ???.
I tend to like the underhood version myself, but what is the benefit to the in-the-fender kit???
any help you can give would be great. :dancing6:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmmm, I think you are talking about the complete kit that takes the mass air into the fenderwell................and the smaller kit that keeps it in the engine bay, that kit has one intake tube compared to the complete kit that has either 2 or 3 pieces of intake tube

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
RIFTER11 said:
Is there a benefit of having one over the other?

some guys dont like the idea of the massair being moved from its factory location, I have no problem with it. Getting the air filter in the fenderwell DOES give you a cooler supply of air, I guess thats about the only advantage to the complete kit that goes into the fenderwell.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
RIFTER11 said:
also, is there reason that I can't post pics of my car???

hmm, what exactly is the problem you are having? Are you useing Photobucket to try to post them

OP
OP
R

RIFTER11

Reaction score
no, i am trying to post them from my personal folder in my computer. actually, I am trying to post them the exact same way that i posted them to my profile. but when i submit my thread, it says "an error has occured. the post folder is full. pls contact the system admin." :rant: - or something to that effect. is the site running alright, or am i just f'ing things up?? :breakit:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
RIFTER11 said:
no, i am trying to post them from my personal folder in my computer. actually, I am trying to post them the exact same way that i posted them to my profile. but when i submit my thread, it says "an error has occured. the post folder is full. pls contact the system admin." :rant: - or something to that effect. is the site running alright, or am i just f'ing things up?? :breakit:

to be honest, I think its something on your end.....there has been a few pics posted by more than one member over the last 30 minutes or so. This leads me to think it is a problem on your end :(

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
keep in mind that if you do go with a air intake in the fender well you run a greater chance of sucking water up into your engine if the car is you daily driver.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
RIFTER11 said:

You have to host your pictures on a host site such as www.photobucket.com , then you link them from photobucket to yout post on a forum. You can't post a photo unless it is hosted. When you upload a pic from your computer to your profile the website/forum is now hosting that pic.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
QwanSanchez said:
keep in mind that if you do go with a air intake in the fender well you run a greater chance of sucking water up into your engine if the car is you daily driver.
i've had mine in the fenderwell for 8 years and 80,000 miles with no issues at all....i think getting the filter wet is more of a speculation then actual fact. It is still protected by the wheel well cover and is the same height as the stock location for puddle drive throughs.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
RIFTER11 said:
So - JLT makes (2) different CAI's for my car :dancing6:, but they both advertise the same gains in HP and TRQ ???.
I tend to like the underhood version myself, but what is the benefit to the in-the-fender kit???
any help you can give would be great. :dancing6:

i prefer the demolet (tunable induction) fender mount kit because it keeps the maf in the stock location, and clears the STB
www.demolet.com

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
QwanSanchez said:
i've had mine in the fenderwell for 8 years and 80,000 miles with no issues at all....i think getting the filter wet is more of a speculation then actual fact. It is still protected by the wheel well cover and is the same height as the stock location for puddle drive throughs.

mines in my fenderwell too, and no problems :)

OP
OP
R

RIFTER11

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info guys. i will try to get my pics loaded on to photoshop and get them posted here next week. I think that i will probably go with the JLT underhood kit. :comando:. Again thanks for the info!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online