Joe's '94GT money pit

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Damn, just got email from Tasca and they canceled my order. Parts are on national backorder with no known resupply date. Back to the drawing board.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Turns out I need the duct, and not the parts I originally ordered anyway, so that is a plus. I'm guessing the ducts are on backorder too.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
No, mine got painted at the body shop during the repaint. I've decided I like them black better.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Couple small updates:

Got new door panel inserts from LMR a while back, finally got around to installing them this weekend. Proceeded to break the rear tab off each new insert during the install process. So, now the new ones fit as shitty as the old ones. At least they aren't all banged up.

Also, found the keyless entry stopped working. I thought it was maybe the batteries in the fobs, so I grabbed my other keys and found the same thing - no worky. I suppose it's possible they both have bad batteries. I went to change the batteries out this morning and the metal tabs fell out of each battery holder. I didn't have time to mess with it this morning so I'll work on it tonight.

07GtS197

Reaction score
How did the inserts fit otherwise? It seems the quality of them are hit or miss. I’ve heard good things about Daniel Carpenter repro products.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
They seemed to fit good outside of the fact that I couldn't get the rear clip in. Maybe they were slightly oversized? Not sure. But, the fit/finish was nice.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The ones I had were pretty similar, it made installation tough. I had to force the clips in and it was very snug. That’s good to hear about the quality anyway.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Got one of the key fobs working. When changing the batteries, the contact that holds the battery in snug fell out and also the contact from the back of the PCB came un-soldered. I put it back in place with a piece of tape and changed the batteries, and it is working now. The same thing happened with the other fob. They were cheap Amazon/eBay units so no surprise there. I'll fix the other one when I get some more batteries.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I bought used oem remotes off eBay before with great results. All the aftermarket ones are trash imo.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Ordered a set of the Mach tweeter pods for my doors. Hoping getting the tweeters behind some grill cloth will tone them down a touch. Plus, they just look better than the surface mounting on the sail panel. If that doesn't work, I'll look into replacement front components.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Noticed the black "trim" around my new Cobra headlights is loose on one side. How does this attach? Is it just a "pressure" fit or is it glued? I had the body shop install the new lights when they painted it, so I haven't messed with it at all. Just happened to noticed it yesterday when I was spraying it off.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Got the new exhaust set up put on yesterday and man I love it. Got a catless BBK xpipe off from a forum member last weekend and had it put on yesterday. It sounds really "angry" for lack of a better term compared to the factory H with hollowed cats. I just wish it had some bite to back up the bark! Interestingly enough, it is more quiet while cruising than the previous setup.

I have to say I was scared to go with a xpipe due to concerns over rasp, but there is none. May be due to the pushrod motor vs mod motor?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Sweeet!

I love it for you! Im glad it all worked out.

I agree the BBK xpipe carried an awesome signature sound.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Now that we're finally in the house and I have all my detailing supplies, the car (and truck and boss's whip) all got a proper
detailing over the weekend. This consisted of breaking out the foam cannon and a hand wash and wax. No more quick trips through
the spray off car wash, thankfully. Ignore the fact that I don't have much grass yet - you can't grow new grass in the South during
summer.

DSSHow9.jpg
qppnJkJ.jpg
kWUwUI3.jpg
uyWhVTj.jpg
I added the vinyl stripe back across the top of the back window recently, which you can see here.

The ole eff-one-fiddy cleans up pretty good still:
Xbvcukp.jpg

Couldn't leave the boss's whip out, RX350:
McxXh9a.jpg

I use a SunJoe electric pressure washer to run my Chemical Guys foam cannon. It isn't the best, but I was on a budget when I got
it and it works decent enough. I've used the crap out of it for a few years and it has held up well. Using the CG Mr. Pink soap
in the foam cannon. I've used a few other soaps of theirs and it's all about the same from my experience. For wax, I'm currently
using the Turtle Wax Seal n' Shine. It's super easy to apply/remove, and it lasts a really long time. It also has a really
nice bead. I've got other waxes and stuff I can use, but right now, this is the ticket.

Snorky

Reaction score
Car looks fantastic with those deep-dish cobra r wheels. Nothing wrong with an electric power washer. They don't rattle your ears like a gas powered one

badass98svt

Reaction score
Car looks fantastic with those deep-dish cobra r wheels. Nothing wrong with an electric power washer. They don't rattle your ears like a gas powered one

I know someone that may want to sell some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online