Joe's '94GT money pit

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, that'll save money for sure lol. So, the car isn't Oxford White either. It's somewhere in-between Crystal and Oxford, as the Oxford was a little too "dark" still. So, I'm probably going to go and see about getting some quotes for getting the whole car sprayed.
Ford added pearl to the paint on mine to make the oxford white crystal white , i had the car painted at Ford 4 years ago

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Well, as feared, the paint kit I got doesn't match the paint on the car. It does, however, match the original paint as you can see in the shot below. When they repainted the car, they didn't use Crystal White. I'm not sure which white it is, but it isn't Crystal. It might be Oxford White, I'm not sure. It looks pretty close to my truck, which is Oxford.
Original vs respray:
l1wgJqx.jpg

Other than that, pretty happy with the fit. I mounted the new 3M tape and then used painter's tape to "hold" the spoiler in place (mostly) while I hinged it over to peel the tape backing. It did a decent job. I did have to restick the passenger side, it slid up a little too far and I couldn't get the mounting bolts in.

Hinge with painter's tape:
bQtbCeH.jpg

Here you can see how "off" the color is:
gNt71oO.jpg

i4fKg5U.jpg

Fit is pretty decent:
6BjsRFe.jpg

The driver side was up a little, but I sat the welder on it overnight and that seemed to bring it down some. The passenger side was down pretty good. I sat the generator and an ammo crate on top of it as well to help it stick/flatten out.

I got the seat track extenders installed, which is nice. It raised the seat up 1/2" or so, but no biggie. Any more, and it would be an issue but the seat is OK. I also got the eBay Cobra bumper in. It looked fine, but I have no idea how the fit is. Honestly, I don't really want to drive around in a 3-color car for any length of time (the hood is still blue, and the bumper is black/unpainted). It will be some time before I can afford to get it painted so I probably won't be installing any of the new parts until much later. That is unless I decide to do more "show" before "go" and get it painted before doing the crate motor swap. We shall see.
looks good , you can tell the car is oxford white , the wing is close to crystal white

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Stopped by the painter yesterday. Got it on the list - he's about a month out, so we should be getting some progress soon.

tinnocker

Reaction score
Did you get your radio issue repaired? I am going thru a similar issue on my 94 gt with a mach 460 and Pioneer radio. Works great with the engine off and most of the time with the engine running. Sometimes when I start it the noise is so bad that I turn it off immediately for fear of destroying a speaker. Turn it on without the engine running and the radio plays normal. I usually just pop the removable faceplate if I am driving the car. Install faceplate later and the noise is gone. I need to check the connectors in the faceplate. Good luck.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
It's pretty much gone at this point. I redid all of the grounds and did a "big 3" upgrade on the car (with the exception of the alternator power wire which I have yet to get to). I also reset the gains on my amplifier, which helped as well.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Spoke with my painter earlier this week, he's not ready yet. He said I'm on the list, but he's just running behind. No worries, just gives me more time to enjoy it this fall before winter.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Reminds me I need to get my crown vic painted. I forgot if you said it or not but are you going to a local guy or a chain?

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Local guy, he's the best in the region. His work has one several trophies. Just so happens we went to high school and ran together for many years.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I had my side exhaust painted and installed I had maaco do it. They do not do everything stupid cheap and I made sure they knew I was not looking for the $200 special, knew it would cost a little more but I had high expectations and they delivered a good job at a fair price.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Found a set of new (with brackets) Cobra fogs on FB Marketplace just now. Going to pick them up tomorrow.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Picked up the Cobra fogs with brackets, they were new in the package. Score. I also have some Envoy fogs I picked up off eBay, so I'll be doing that mod.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Seeing as the painter isn't ready, I may pull that bumper out this weekend and play around to see which I like better.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Personally, I’m not a fan of the sn95 cobra front bumper. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions…

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I love the look of front end on the Cobras. Plus, my bumper has holes in it from someone running a front license plate (which isn't required in TN). So that bugs me. I'll definitely be going with the Cobra front bumper, I just need to play with the fogs to see which I like better.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Gotcha. I can’t think of which year cobra but I remember reading that some people swap s550 fog lights onto them. That would be another route.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Finally got around to removing the door trim last night. It wasn't a bad job, despite the lack of tools. There's still some adhesive on there I couldn't get off. All of my garage stuff is packed away at the storage building for the upcoming move, so all I had was a hair dryer and the "flat" attachment on the end of the hair dryer itself.

Door trim removed:
RjLo4QL.jpg

You can see the (I'm assuming) factory color below. It appears they didn't remove the trim for the repaint.
toa84D9.jpg

I talked to my painter the other day, he's close. It seems I'm next in line.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I think it will look alot cleaner without the trim. Any after photos? Did you get it painted?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online