Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Grab a cigar and give it a smoke test. You’ll find the leaks quickly. Double check you routing on the harness. More than likely a wire is pinched somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Grab a cigar and give it a smoke test. You’ll find the leaks quickly. Double check you routing on the harness. More than likely a wire is pinched somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for the smoke test idea. I hooked the machine up we have at work. And smoke poured out from the adapter to the intake. Previous owner had used rtv and it wasn’t doing much of anything. I also unplugged the oxygen sensors and moved some wiring around and it didn’t pop the fuse anymore. So I’ll start digging into that more tomorrow.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Well looks like the head was hurt. Sounds like a rocker noise. I’m done messing with it and spending money this year. I’ll just save up and have a motor built this winter.

Boostr1

Reaction score
Quick update. The head noise went away, guessing it was a lash adjuster that just took a long time to pump back up. Then I was chasing a overheating problem. But now that seems to be fixed so we are going to the track tomorrow.

I noticed if these engines sit for a while
That will happen

I had the exact same thing happen when I did that first start up a month ago. Thought I had a marble in the motor... lol

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Hey guys haven’t posted in awhile. Ended up replacing the lash adjusters noise went away and has stayed away. However the car never went as fast as it did before blowing up. So changes are under way. I’m doing the battery relocation right now. Plan for tube front, manual brakes.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Which leads me to a question. Has anyone deleted the hydroboost and maintained power steering? The price of the manual rack and shaft is very off putting for me.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Which leads me to a question. Has anyone deleted the hydroboost and maintained power steering? The price of the manual rack and shaft is very off putting for me.
What manual rack are you looking at? I bought a Unisteer one and it was great fit/quality and quite a bit cheaper than Flaming River

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
What manual rack are you looking at? I bought a Unisteer one and it was great fit/quality and quite a bit cheaper than Flaming River

ive looked at both. I guess I’m just not sure what to get. How much did the unisteer run ya?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online