Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey ttocs I’m hoping you or someone you know, knows the answer to this. I just bought the hurst line lock kit since putting the 2 step in activates when I press the brake meaning it stops the burnout. Anyways I’m wondering how to plumb it. I think I read somewhere that since I have the prb machining abs delete block that I can put the solenoid right in between the line coming from the master that goes to the front spot on the delete block. Block off the unused hole and then I’m ready to rip. Is that correct?
sorry man I just saw this now but it looks like you fingered it out. Next time quote or reply to it and it will give me a notice.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
sorry man I just saw this now but it looks like you fingered it out. Next time quote or reply to it and it will give me a notice.
I thought I did but I guess it didn’t work. No worries

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Here’s a slow motion video of the launch. I had traction issues all day. Any tips for me to improve my launch and 60’

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
What tire pressure did you run??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On that run where I actually had traction it was about 8 psi. Turns out I didn’t have a very accurate gauge. But runs after that with the same pressure I still spun. My buddy says it’s squatting too much.
I had to play with my 2 step too. At 4 grand it blew the tires off but that’s where it makes boost on the 2 step, 3500 was the run in the video but then the next run it blew them off

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Time to tune the suspension a bit it seems.

Yeah I plan to tighten up the shocks. I do have double adjustable uppers and single lowers, but those confuse me so I’m not really sure if I should mess with those much or not

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I plan to tighten up the shocks. I do have double adjustable uppers and single lowers, but those confuse me so I’m not really sure if I should mess with those much or not

Get with someone who is knowledgeable about drag setups there locally. You might need to work on creating some preload on the rear end or tighten the shock settings.

94strokedstang

Reaction score
You also may want to measure your front end travel to set the car up properly. Which is just how much the front wheels can move down as the front end of the car rises up from ride height until the tire leaves the asphalt. You can measure front travel by setting the car up at ride height (don't forget to either have the driver in the seat or simulate his weight with sand bags). Take a measurement from the top of the wheel opening, or somewhere else on the front of the car, then place a jack under the front crossmember and slowly raise the car. Stop when the front wheels just leave the ground and take your measurement again. That's your front wheel travel.

94strokedstang

Reaction score
On the track, front travel is important because it plays a huge role in weight transfer. Street cars don't have the same flex as tube-chassis Pro Mods or other cars, so it is important to get the front end to lift up to move weight over the rear tires so you gain traction. As a rule, the looser the track (less traction), the more you want the front end to rise. And more front travel equals more lift on the front end.

94strokedstang

Reaction score
I recommend having at least five inches of front travel and tuning/measuring from there based on vehicle weight and how sticky the track is.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
However i lost oil pressure and the engine locked up. So I’m going to mildly build engine with parts I have around. What’s everyone using to install piston rings and file them? Looking for tools I can buy to accomplish this.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Dang that sucks. You were scootin!

Any idea why it lost pressure?

Regarding tools I lost my bore specific compressor when I moved years ago so I've been using the typical compressor u can get at part stores. Just be careful of the sharp edges.

For a hand crank filer I've found that the proform 66785 from summit is my favorite.

I've got a few others that are more expensive with diamond wheels and such but not one of them works as well as that one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigBore96

Reaction score
One last thing regarding the filer.

If you go with a stainless steel top ring it of course will tank more effort than the 2nd ring. It's very easy to get in a groove and overdo the 2nd ring. I've done it in the past. Luckily total seal was great about it and sent me a replacement as a courtesy.

Just remember to go slow and take your time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Damn. Two engines with oil pressure failures, that really sucks. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get a boundary billet geared gt500/3v pump and 15/16” pickup tube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online