Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Damn. Two engines with oil pressure failures, that really sucks. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get a boundary billet geared gt500/3v pump and 15/16” pickup tube.

yeah I am for sure getting that.
The first engine only lasted a day and spectacularly blew up. This engine lasted a year and probably 40 passes and countless in boost street rips, so I can’t complain too much for a sbe 150k crown Vic engine.
I’ve never done internal engine work before but I figure if I’m going to be in this game for a long time I should learn.

50HSN95

Reaction score
That was pretty darn fast! You are a better man than I, it probably would have sat for a few weeks while I was mad at it, then decided if I felt like working on it again :).

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
That was pretty darn fast! You are a better man than I, it probably would have sat for a few weeks while I was mad at it, then decided if I felt like working on it again :).

haha it was 2 weeks. I seriously contemplated just leaving it sit until winter and building a motor. But then some buddies convinced me to get a short block from them for free and put it all together and get back to the track. So that’s what I did.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Engine is back in, trans is hooked up. Just need to put the intake and the turbo in, fill the fluids and she should be ready to go. Spent way to much time today with the damn clutch cable. It some how got out of adjustment. I ultimately used a pry bar on the clutch fork to get the cable in. Then after pressing the clutch several times it went back to normal. One of the weirdest issues I’ve had.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Car is all back together. Good news it started up, bad news I think I have vacuum leak some where and now all of a sudden I keep blowing eec fuses.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
27682B68-612D-440E-91FE-BA0B40C086AF.jpeg
May old pi intake was leaking so I put the eddy intake on I had laying around. I suspect there’s a problem with the fuel injector harness which is causing my eec go short, I also suspect there is a vacuum leak coming from either the plenum or some of the lines. Yes those are stock rails on the eddy, previous owner made some ingenious way to allow those to be used.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Looking good! Hopefully those issues are something quick and easily overlooked.

And that bit if genius looks good in my book!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online