Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Good idea! Good job getting it running though. Minimal down time is always a plus. Hopefully this one will last you a good long time

Ok the problems continue. I replaced the rack and turned the wheel lock to lock over and over again. Topped off the fluid, started it and turned the wheel lock to lock. Felt the hydroboost kick in and then I shut it off lowered it down and started to drive. And I had no power steering or brakes. Got home and checked the ps reservoir and it had a good amount of bubbles in it. Should I just continue turning lock to lock with the front wheels in the air or am I missing something?

07GtS197

Reaction score
While purging all the air out youre supposed to turn lock to lock until you see bubbles. When you see bubbles youre supposed to turn the car off and wait for the bubbles to disspate then start the process over. That said it sounds like you have air in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Looks the pump took a shit now. There is no fluid movement in the resevoir when the engine is running.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Anybody have the mmr oil filter relocation? The part where my filter goes has two ports in it. One for my feed line and one is blocked off. The one blocked off keeps leaking I pull it out put Teflon tape on it put it back in and it’s good for a couple days then it starts again. I called mmr and they said that if I have it too tight it could cause it to leak or if it’s too loose. It’s as tight as possible. Any advice? I’m not sure I believe the too tight thing

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Id say if its giving you that much trouble to get another one. As important as that part is that would probably be the best route.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. Now where’s the video of it spitting fire??? [emoji38]

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
E3A84E20-A27F-46E1-A6A0-7ED9A187630A.jpeg Went to the track for the first time with the car tonight. Only got 2 runs in during test and tune. My radials I had sitting around were dry rotted to Hell so I just rolled with my street tires. First run I thought I broke something. There was a loud bang when I launched. I think it was my jump box that I had the trunk. I spun really badly trapped 110 at 13.7
Second run there was still a noise from the rear end but not as bad. Spun really badly again. Like blew the tires off. I was hitting the redline and not going anywhere. Shifted into 2nd was at like 1800 rpms, but managed to pull out a 13.3 at 111. I’ll easily be in the 12s with a radial 60ft is absolute trash

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 1625 Went to the track for the first time with the car tonight. Only got 2 runs in during test and tune. My radials I had sitting around were dry rotted to Hell so I just rolled with my street tires. First run I thought I broke something. There was a loud bang when I launched. I think it was my jump box that I had the trunk. I spun really badly trapped 110 at 13.7
Second run there was still a noise from the rear end but not as bad. Spun really badly again. Like blew the tires off. I was hitting the redline and not going anywhere. Shifted into 2nd was at like 1800 rpms, but managed to pull out a 13.3 at 111. I’ll easily be in the 12s with a radial 60ft is absolute trash

Gotta work on that reaction time a bit. Lot of that is the spin though. No videos??

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Gotta work on that reaction time a bit. Lot of that is the spin though. No videos??

Went by myself don’t have a GoPro yet. And yeah this was my first time at the track in years so I’ve got to relearn everything and practice

98snakehorse

Reaction score
You will knock that time down like crazy with some more seat time. When my car was only boltons and drag radials I was in the Mid 8's. (1/8thmi)

Also I wouldn't even worry about your reaction time yet. Sit at the light and get your launch rpm figured out first. I recommend getting your self a n2mb wot box. Will allow you to set the desired launch rpm while also building some boost off the line.

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you mod guys who go turbo. All the kits put it right smack dab in front of the motor and that has to pass some heat right onto the block.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
I feel for you mod guys who go turbo. All the kits put it right smack dab in front of the motor and that has to pass some heat right onto the block.

Yeah it sucks. In the 80s-90s so far it stays right around 200 degrees. I’m going to go tubular front or at least tubular radiator support and try to move everything forward a bit so I can get some more room in between the block and the turbo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online