Joshuaw3's 96 gt build

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
something isn't right. If both sides didn't fit I would fear the offset was wrong but since only one side doesn't fit I am liable to think something isn't on there right

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
something isn't right. If both sides didn't fit I would fear the offset was wrong but since only one side doesn't fit I am liable to think something isn't on there right

Yeah I agree. I wondering if maybe the strut is bent or if I did something wrong. I’m going to try what the other guy mentioned. Maybe I got the other side right when I bolted it to the spindle and not the other side. It’s literally only off by 1/16 or an 1/8th of an inch

01yellercobra

Reaction score
You'll get at least the much by sliding the spindle around. I got in the habit of pulling it against the bolts before I tighten everything down so that I don't have to get an alignment every time I disconnected the strut. Which for a while was happening a lot.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
You'll get at least the much by sliding the spindle around. I got in the habit of pulling it against the bolts before I tighten everything down so that I don't have to get an alignment every time I disconnected the strut. Which for a while was happening a lot.

It worked I have the space I need. Thanks for the idea guys

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Hey all I have the chance to get a really really really good deal on a full on3 turbo kit that is for a 5.0. My car is a 4.6 tho. So I know the headers for the 5.0 won’t work. What I want to know is 1 has anyone done this before? 2 I have svo shortie headers, can I just flip those around for the turbo? (My buddy is very skilled in custom fab and welding) I already have a tubular k member and the ac deleted. Thank you

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Kit is for a mod 5.0 or pushrod?? Pushrod turbo kit wouldn’t work at all as all the measurements and placements are waayyyyy too different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Kit is for a mod 5.0 or pushrod?? Pushrod turbo kit wouldn’t work at all as all the measurements and placements are waayyyyy too different.

Yeah it’s for pushrod. And yeah I know nothing will work right but I have a friend who has experience custom building turbo set ups. So I figure with how cheap I can get this kit it would give us almost everything needed to fabricate everything.
But my main question is can I flip the shortie headers I have on the car now around to essentially turn them into turbo headers or do I need to find turbo specific headers?

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m going turbo very very soon and need recommendations on colder spark plugs. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
It’s widely used amongst boosted guys. If you want to comparison shop E3 (don’t have a part #), NGK TR6 and Autolite AR103 are other choices in similar heat ranges.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
My tuner recommended the ngk br7ef plugs. Anybody used those before?

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Also anyone have a 4.6 with an ac delete pulley? How does it hold up to boost?

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
My buddy and I are installing the turbo kit this coming weekend. In order to save time I was planning on changing the plugs, putting the new 60lb injectors in, changing the tb and plenum before I drive an hour to where he lives. Is there any risk to that? I know they will be colder plugs and much bigger injectors but will that be ok driving an hour? We will trailer it back once the turbo is on.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
So I’ll have my full exhaust, svo shorty headers, catless h pipe, flow master mufflers and tips after I do this. How much should I ask for all of that?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What happened to the kit you said was for a 5.0??? That’s a mod motor turbo kit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.