Just a guy trying to make his car faster

OP
OP
R

RossDaBoss

Reaction score
I promise I’m not trying to be mean.

that filter you just pictured, follow it up to the engine. The shiny metal pipe goes into the black elbow that says bbk. That is your intake and throttle body/plenum respectively. The bbk plenum bolts down to the top of the engine onto a plastic part. The plastic part is the intake manifold. The intake manifold is made of what looks like tubes that go sideways into the engine.

See that black box with a hose on it right in front of the bbk plenum? Lift that black box up and take a picture of the plastic intake manifold underneath it.

please tell me if I’m not clear enough
No offense taken at all man. Like I said I really hardly know anything. Speaking of my lack of knowledge, any good sites or perhaps books I might wanna read up on just to know basic stuff? Maybe I should pick up the Cars for Dummies book haha.

Okay, I'm PRETTY SURE I got it right this time.
Thank you for the patience. This post is 20201011_125644.jpg really opening my eyes to how much I have yet to learn, yikes.

I swear to God if I didn't get it right lmao

Attachments

• 20201011_125604.jpg
    20201011_125604.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 9

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
This is the part we needed to see. Not a clear picture, but it’s good enough to tell that it has a stock npi intake manifold on it. 3489D0C2-1D87-4C8A-91AA-F4A31E5B854F.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
As far as searching for knowledge, it’s hard to go in a specific direction without an end goal in mind. You will learn as you get in to this thing. I am willing to help anyone that wants to be helped and is willing to listen. I do not know everything, by any means, but I do know a few things and will pass on any of that info. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

OP
OP
R

RossDaBoss

Reaction score
This is the part we needed to see. Not a clear picture, but it’s good enough to tell that it has a stock npi intake manifold on it. View attachment 7053
You're awesome dude!
Kinda sucks to know its NPI. Kinda awesome though in a way. Means I can make it alot faster than I imagined, without doing anything crazy.

So. I know I have an aftermarket cam, just dont know the type (mechanic looked at it before so I know it's aftermarket.) All I need to do is get another intake manifold and it'll be 260+hp? What one would be best to buy? I need new parts to go along with it as well, don't I? I do need to conserve money, so, cheaper is better. But if a slightly more expensive one makes a difference, I'll save up for it.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
You can always change out the intake for a good aluminum one
Less problems down the road
Plastic only good for atms and purchases

OP
OP
R

RossDaBoss

Reaction score
You can always change out the intake for a good aluminum one
Less problems down the road
Plastic only good for atms and purchases
The intake manifold you mean, yeah?
I've read really good things about the Typhoon manifold... but there's so many variations and different prices I've e seen that I wouldn't have any clue which to order. I found one last night for about 450 or so, but it said no electronics included. Something about a carb in the description; figured it was only for carb swapped sn95s.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Victor Jr edelbroch is good
Typhoon is good
I think that's about it the only choices in aluminum intake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99