Just a little bit of LED and HID Tech

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thanks Scott, I got in touch with white in the meantime who gave the green light.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133050

So that is my thread with comparisons of different designs if leds to see what kind of affect they have on light output. There are huge differences as you can see in the thread how each design casts light and produces glare. I wanted to compare different styles of lights in the real world because I saw it being done on different cars but not on mustangs. Plus I wanted to prove that a money has no affect on how good an led is. Many different companies make the same style of headlight and the prices are all over the place. An example is the opt7 led kit. You can buy the very same kit for under 20 bucks from a no name company with the same results. I have yet to spend more than 15 bucks on a set. Youre just paying for the name. Im about to test fog lights in my 02 gt and a style of led that has leds placed in corresponding spots as filaments would be in a comparable h13 bulb which should yield a stock style beam pattern but with more light. These should be plug and play but we will see.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thanks. Im continually adding to it as I buy more and more leds.

There is a video someone else posted that inspired me to do this. They used a bunch of the name brand kits but the test vehicle was a newer ram. Its funny how terrible almost all of the kits were lol. Im buying chinese copies of the same brands and am having better luck. And one thing Ive learned about these chinese companies is that if you get a dud or just dont like them they will give you your money back no questions asked and dont even want the leds back!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online