Just another SN95 with a 5oh

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Hey guys figured I would post up my ongoing build that started since I have bought the car. Probably like most of you lol. It's a 94 Mustang GT currently my cars exterior consists of a Cobra bumper, cobra R hood, a few sets of wheels depending on what I feel like running lol (96 Cobra wheels, 17x9 - 95 Cobra R Style Brushed Aluminum wheels, and 18x9F/18x10R Flat Black FR500's) Also the car has 96-98 Tail Lights........Yes I'm sure it's a 94 lol. I have always wanted a mustang and intended on rebuilding an engine to learn and because I just enjoy anything mechanical.

So I started gathering parts for my new engine build.

Parts Rundown:
  • Freshly machined block bored .30 over (306)
  • Sealed Power Hypeutectic Pistons (prolly didn't spell correctly)
  • GT40P heads with a little bit of porting
  • Scorpion 1.6 Stud Mount Rockers
  • Comp Cams Springs
  • Trick Flow Stage 1 Cam
  • Pro M Mass Air
  • Explorer Upper and Lower Intake
  • 24lb Injectors
  • Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
  • 75mm Throttle Body
  • Ford Racing Shorty Headers
  • Pypes X-pipe
  • Bassani Aluminized Exhaust
  • A/C and Smog Delete pulleys
  • I think that's mostly it

My buddies Big Block Car in the background

Ill post up more later.

chris91

Reaction score
All those pics yet not one of your car. Boo!!!

Lol jfwy, your Jesse's buddy from sbz. I remember ya.

OP
OP
furiouslyfaster

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Yea that's me I will get some up of the car. Figured I would spread it out instead of stuffing it all in one post lol. As for the vertical taillights, it wasn't my choice car came like that lol. I have thought about going back to horizontal but haven't made the jump. Kinda want to do the sequential tails in mine.

OP
OP
furiouslyfaster

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Next round of pictures

Ugly Old Motor

Nasty Engine bay

Pressure washing the engine bay so it would be clean and I needed to do a little bit of body work to the inner fender panel.

Quick Touch ups

Motor in

My Little Brother and friend Jesse (who is on this forum someplace) on the left after we got the transmission in.

Radiator (I'm kinda a Ken Block fan)

Was having a lot of problems finding good Grade 8 Lower Intake Manifold bolts, I actually broke one off but was able to fish it out. Eventually just bought some ARP intake manifold bolts.

Figured I'd post a pic of my vertical tails LOL, and my LED license plate lights.

I have some video of it running I'll post up too.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nice work man. Ahah I dig the hoonigan on your radiator. I'm a K block fan too, got a small [hoonigan] decal on my back windshield. The vert tails look good, I recently swapped them in place of my horizontals

OP
OP
furiouslyfaster

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Thanks man, I have still been slowly working out the bugs of the car as the weather warms up. I have a leak around were the coolant tube from the heater core screws into the lower intake. I actually picked up a new one of those so I can have an extra and I can replace the o-rings in the fitting which I did to my current tube but must have pinched them putting the fitting back on the tube. I've been starting to hoard parts that are not available to be bought as a replacement lol. I also want to replace some vacuum hoses because they are old and cracked and I'm sure I have a vac leak someplace because I can't see how my vacuum lines wouldn't leak lol. As soon as I finish the clutch break-in per Exedies instructions I plan on getting a tune.

Also I've noticed a slight vibration when I rev the car up to around 3k and higher. It does it sitting still with the clutch in or out so I am going to trouble shoot that. I've researched what it could be and I've read anything from aftermarket poly transmission mounts cause that since the trans cross-member does not have bushings to bad bearings in the motor (which I doubt it my case) and then everything else from the balancer, vac leak, misfire etc.

So I would like to get that figured out as well. I am going to pull the trans and re-install it to make sure nothing is binding up, and also make sure I installed the flywheel dowels. Soo if anyone has any other ideas or needs more details let me know. I think the vib seems worse when the car gets warm but yea wondering how much is psychological. So yea sorry to kinda rant on and be boring.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice man!
I have the same rings in my combo.
Verticals FTW!

GL with the bugs, there's always some it seems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell