Just did GT40P heads and intake, and a B cam. Will a bigger TB and shorties help?

tykempster

Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to this forum, slightly new to Mustangs and cars in general. I completed a GT40P swap a week ago, runs awesome, a lot more power. I am getting BBK shorties to help the plugs clear a bit better, and was wondering if a 70 or 75mm TB put on at the same time would help the car breath much better and what I could expect from the two?

Here's my current engine mods:

CAI
GT40P upper/lower
GT40P heads
B cam
Underdrive pulleys
SCT tuner
New distributor, plugs, wires

Thanks!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Throttle body

Go with the 70mm over the 75mm. You potentially would have enlarge the opening in the adaptor elbow [supposing you haven't done a fox throttle body swap yet] for the throttle blade to open without interferance. You most likely will see a slight increase in power, less than 5 or so. You may also run the risk of a surging idle and other driveability issues without a tune. Some cars are excellent patients and you can get away without a tune but most, like mine, get all :handz: and won't run right.

Headers

Anything is better than the dinky, restrictive stocker headers and you should feel a bit of difference depending on your other exhaust mods. Don't be surprised if you lose a little torque down low to gain 5-10 hp [generous estimate] in the 3000-5000 rpm range. Best way to fix this? GEARS!!!!

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
I have 3.90 gears, so that's not a problem. First gear is burnout gear now! I also have a full exhaust. H pipe and SLP LM1s.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome to the madness
you will still have a problem with 1 plug with the BBK headers. but it's not anything that can't be overcome.
FRPP and MAC both make P specific headers.

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness you will still have a problem with 1 plug with the BBK headers. but it's not anything that can't be overcome. FRPP and MAC both make P specific headers.
I got a really good deal on these I couldn't pass up, I read they have more clearance than the stock headers so at least I won't have to worry about burning plugs I think?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online