just got a c&l

97vertstang

Reaction score
i got a 76mm c&l maf today, didnt feel much of a difference. from 3500 up a slight difference, but thats about it. i cant get traction for shit in first gear and some of 2nd, though.i cant wait till i get some 3.73s and some stickier tires!!!

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
You know what would look good? Some gunmetal rims with rivets and a chrome lip............

Wow your in luck, Im selling a pair right now for cheap!! haha jk

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
the mods in my sig. exhaust, no silencer , K&n panel, c&l, and the car has factory 3.08s.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i cant wait till i get my c&l kit!!! dont know when it will be here ..i better be able to notice something lol its 300 bucks lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
the mods in my sig. exhaust, no silencer , K&n panel, c&l, and the car has factory 3.08s.

Ok on my 91GT ( probally a little more weight than what you have ) I ran a 8.65 ( you have seen the vid ^-^ ) and had the following full exhaust / gears / coldair / pulleys and a shifter and made the pass on my BFG Drag Radials. That 1/8 mile time is around a MID 13 in the quarter, my car was not a freak or anything like that. A fox car with those mods will run right in that range, so you almost have what you need to get there, add in those gears and some sticky tires and your there.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i cant wait till i get my c&l kit!!! dont know when it will be here ..i better be able to notice something lol its 300 bucks lol
i didnt get the c&l inlet pipe cause the guy at the speed shop told me it wont do anything, maybe 1hp over the C&l maf. also the maf makes more difference if u have more mods. i just have bolt ons, if u have a H/C/I or a blower than ull notice it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
tRaV_19 said:
i didnt get the c&l inlet pipe cause the guy at the speed shop told me it wont do anything, maybe 1hp over the C&l maf. also the maf makes more difference if u have more mods. i just have bolt ons, if u have a H/C/I or a blower than ull notice it.

thats true, if you still have the stock TB & intake all that extra air is hitting a brick wall so its not going to give you much..........but every little bit helps.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:

Ok on my 91GT ( probally a little more weight than what you have ) I ran a 8.65 ( you have seen the vid ^-^ ) and had the following full exhaust / gears / coldair / pulleys and a shifter and made the pass on my BFG Drag Radials. That 1/8 mile time is around a MID 13 in the quarter, my car was not a freak or anything like that. A fox car with those mods will run right in that range, so you almost have what you need to get there, add in those gears and some sticky tires and your there.
i have almost everything u have listed except the gears and the tires( which make the biggest difference). with my new shifter i feel a lot more confident to bang through the gears. today i was testing it out and the car gets sideways VERY easy,i really need some drag radials and some sub frames. before the shifter and c&l i runned my friends 00 gt 5 speed vert (k&N fipk and flowmaster catback) i took him first,2nd ,3rd and in 4th gear he got next to me and thats when i let go. i took him for around 1/4 mile distance.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well my reason for getting the kit is it has a boss casted into it for nos so i figured that would be nice instead of doing like my friend and drilling a hole in the plastic tubing and using zipties and glue to hold it tight :nonono:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
fox cars are dangerous to line up with, that TQ combined with a rear with some gears plus that 3,000 body weight.............. :hitit:

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
well my reason for getting the kit is it has a boss casted into it for nos so i figured that would be nice instead of doing like my friend and drilling a hole in the plastic tubing and using zipties and glue to hold it tight :nonono:
oh ok, all the nitrous guys i seen around here do use the c&l inlet for that reason.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
fox cars are dangerous to line up with, that TQ combined with a rear with some gears plus that 3,000 body weight.............. :hitit:
theres lots of 350z's around here, cocky as hell and swear theyre the fastest. some guy (350z)this weekend got next to me and was looking at me. it was a 3 lane major street and i knew i wasnt gonna hook so i just let him go. he took off revving the shit out of it, i wanted to get him so bad!!!!!! i

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:
theres lots of 350z's around here, cocky as hell and swear theyre the fastest. some guy (350z)this weekend got next to me and was looking at me. it was a 3 lane major street and i knew i wasnt gonna hook so i just let him go. he took off revving the shit out of it, i wanted to get him so bad!!!!!! i

You need those tires, get them and it will be a changed car. Also if you have the extra cash get a set of LCA's and a set of shocks for the rear too

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:

You need those tires, get them and it will be a changed car. Also if you have the extra cash get a set of LCA's and a set of shocks for the rear too
i do some freeway driving , so i was thinking of getting some spare pro stars and 275/60 15 drag radials for the weekend. and maximum motorsports LCAS and sub frame connectors are some of the mods in my list.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:

i do some freeway driving , so i was thinking of getting some spare pro stars and 275/60 15 drag radials for the weekend. and maximum motorsports LCAS and sub frame connectors are some of the mods in my list.
Sounds like a plan ;)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i want a set of prostars for my car aswell....how wide can we go ??? will a 15X10 fit back there ok and what size up front to avoid problems

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
im not sure on the front, on the back i seen a couple of fox bodies, and the widest i seen is a 275 /60 15 on a 15x8. thats on a stock rearend with no modifications.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.