just got a tach(pics)

94pacecar435

Reaction score
i got a 5'' sunpro tach, that i got at pep boys.i thought it was pretty nice for $100.what do u guys think????
carlostach001.jpg

carlostach003.jpg

carlostach004.jpg

carlostach005.jpg

carlostach006.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea the tach is fine, but you are going to do a little tiddying up of the wiring job right?.................. :angel:

d_punch

Reaction score
please please tell me you didn't screw it to your dash. :noes: you used velcro right?

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
yeah, i did screw it in ??? i just didnt think velcro would hold it tight????? is there something u guys use to hold it tight??
and yeah the wiring is just temporary, i want to find a way to hide em nice and out of the way.

BullitSN95

Reaction score
why do people have to Screw in Tachs on dash's.. ESP Cobra's.... What was wrong with your stock tach? I hear alot of people put those tachs on just to be cool or something.. If it was me.. Id spend the money and get the lunar gauge set.. it replaces all the factory stuff with aftermarkets.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
it took me a while to get a tach for the same reasons, but the reasons i got a tach is..
1st.the stock tach binds after 3000 rpm so is inaccurate
2nd.i dont want to be looking down at my tach whenever im going 6k rpm on the street.
so at the end i was like f**k it, i need one. and i thought this one was nice cause it flowed with the curves of the car, i would like more it if it was black instead of gray.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
upr makes a bracket that attaches back behind the AC bezel. That way you dont have to drill. The previous owner drilled into my dash. Kinda annoying especially since i dont use the tach anyway. So now i stare at 4 holes every day. (and im ANAL about stuff like that)... Tach doesnt look to bad for the price though

BullitSN95

Reaction score
It looks ok.. Its just not my thing.. I dont drive my Car hard enough to have to worry about were I shift. I usually can tell on just how the car pulls when I need to shift..

And why are you shifting at 6? Redline on a 5.0 is 5900 and most guys shift around 5- 5300. 6 is a lil high. The 5.0 falls on its face at 5 anyways. You just whining your motor out

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
BullitSN95 said:
It looks ok.. Its just not my thing.. I dont drive my Car hard enough to have to worry about were I shift. I usually can tell on just how the car pulls when I need to shift..

And why are you shifting at 6? Redline on a 5.0 is 5900 and most guys shift around 5- 5300. 6 is a lil high. The 5.0 falls on its face at 5 anyways. You just whining your motor out

x2, i dont really like monster tachs. They do help though on the visibility part.. so now you dont have to take your eyes off the road really. It does look good in there, just something i would not buy. Im just planning on buying a shift light. I dont really get on my car that much (well i do but not up at like 6grand) to need a tach. I think a big bright shift light will do me fine. Looks good though, just something i wouldn't buy. :thumb: :)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
it is perfect there. For the first week of having it everytime i would start the car and it would do its little dance it would make me wanna dance thats how much i like it :banana:

Foster98GT

Reaction score
What Color Raptor Light does everyone have? and where can i get one at a good price?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Mine is red, i was debating between red and green. I think i pry should have went green but the red still looks good. I wish i could see peoples reaction when they get in and start my car. I was waiting for the mechanic to say something but he never said anything.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I have a Raptor Shiftlight. Blue LED with Black housing. Top middle of my cluster. I can see my turn signals just not my highbeam light. I love that thing. Easy install too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online