Just got another Cobra. A 98 that was repo'd

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Found this Cobra on a dealers back lot that I sort of know the owner so he called me knowing I am into stangs. It was sold less then 2 years ago (I saw the car and almost bought it then lol) and guess they have been looking for it for awhile. Finally found it and looked like it had been sitting for awhile. Someone took the AC compressor off and the complete intake tube with maf and filter. Dealer did not want to mess with it but said motor spun free by hand. Got it dirt cheap to think of selling but now I am thinking of keeping it. Still undecided. I already have a 96 Cobra, 91 GT and 96 V6 that looks like a GT. Ill post pics below.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Probably because it got a knock in it. Guess they still didnt want to give the car up knowing they were not gonna fix it or part it out.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Both front and rear rotors are drilled and slotted.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
dang... change the oil and pull the MAF from your 96 and start it up!

I had an extra intake and maf from a parts car and a/c compressor we bolted up. Also has battery relocation kit so used one of my batteries in the trunk. Fired right up first try. No check engine light or anything. Had a bad tick which ended up being a lifter. Put some marvel mystery oil and let it run for about 10 minutes and tick went away but then a knock started. Barely gave it some throttle and its LOUD. Definitely a rod bearing. Probably why its been sitting hidden for so long.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Pretty clean underneath too. Whoever had it removed the mufflers though and its straight pipe from the H-pipe back. LOUD.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
This was after a quick wash. Still got some mold and stuff at the bottom of the bumpers and side skirts I have to get off, also under the trunk lid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online