Just got another Cobra. A 98 that was repo'd

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
This is after a quick wash of the motor and after I installed the intake and got it running. Still have to degrease it and get rid of all the red crap.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Here is a short video of the tick upon first startup that went away after about 10 minutes. Then started to knock. You can barely here the knock in the vid also.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it looks like there is an uninsulated battery terminal in the engine bay still? If there is be sure to insulate it or you will be celebrating the 4th of july a little late under the hood. Looks like it has a lot of promise, looking much better already.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
it looks like there is an uninsulated battery terminal in the engine bay still? If there is be sure to insulate it or you will be celebrating the 4th of july a little late under the hood. Looks like it has a lot of promise, looking much better already.

You mean the positive cable? I just noticed that in the pic. Thanks for letting me know. Havent had a chance to mess with the car for a week or so.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Great stuff!

Looks like it had a hard life.

I didnt up till 2 years ago. I went to actually buy this very car from the same dealer at that time and was going to trade in my F-150 supercrew I had but we could not come to an agreement. Car was beautiful at the time. Whoever bought it was an idiot.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes the positive cable if its live it could make a heck of a spark show. I mean everyone loves fireworks, till they are under their hood.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Had an extra 32V I had sitting around for my fox body I am doing a 32V swap too so this weekend I decided to inspect the motor some finally after getting in from the junk yard months ago. Checked all the rod bearings and were like new. Installed complete cobra intake and injectors, imrc deletes. Just gonna degrease the motor and paint the timing cover and crossover tube and use it in this car. I can get this one up and running quicker and done then my fox right now.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
You trying to be a mustang collector?

You sell my cobra?

-330CubeGt

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
You trying to be a mustang collector?

You sell my cobra?

-330CubeGt

LOL! I sell alot of parts now like I used to years ago with fox body stuff. Ive always wanted a stable of mustangs but never got attached to any GT's I had but my convertible. Always loved Cobras so I may just keep the 2 I have plus the GT. Yeah your cobra is gone. Guy wanted a shell to build up so I sold it since I was busy with other projects.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
I have 3 32v's sitting here people keep asking me about but not until I get my convertible done with the swap will I sell any.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online