Just got another Cobra. A 98 that was repo'd

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Yep. Its a Lincoln Motor I pulled from the Junk Yard with 107K off a pristine MKVIII that I have no idea why it was in the junkyard. I put the Cobra intake on it.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Well one week after the motor was installed I took it to the dragstrip with some Friends tonight. During the week I changed out the wheels to some 10th Anniversary's I had with 315 Drag Radials on the back, installed new lights, took off the billet grill and put the pony back on and got rid of all the red under the hood. During the week I only got the car one time while still feeling it out if the car even drove ok or if there were any other problems so I was still unsure of how it would be really getting on it or if the untested motor would hold up. Needless to say it ran a [email protected] tonight. This is with no mufflers as the idiot previous owner cut them off and welded pipe in its place, IMRC deletes and still has stock 3:26 Gearing. Also car seems to be running rich as the injectors that were with the intake I bought visibly say 26# on them which I have never seen when I know 24# is whats supposed to be in it.

ace

Reaction score
Wow, what a turn-around, the car looks great. Thanks for saving this one :slowclap:. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
I am going to pull the 24# off of one of my other 32V's I have sitting here and swap it with the 26#'s that are in it and see how it runs. It is running a little rich so maybe this will fix it.

OP
OP
V

vnmsgt

Reaction score
Well I swapped out the "unidentified" 26# injectors for a set of factory 24#'s after work yesterday and drove it a couple miles and 60 miles to work this morning and lunch and the problem is gone. No more stalling at lights. Glad to have that annoying problem fixed. Didnt think 2# would make that much of a difference but I guess so. Wonder if it would have gone even better at the track this past weekend withe 24# injectors in it.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online