just got owned!

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well i just raced a 2003 trans am with full exhaust and cam on highway and i got owned,no three honks he told me to go and when i did he left me in the dust....wtf im kinda disappointed in my purchase becuase it seems like i wasnt even moving!! what do y ou all think will happen to these freakin f-bodyies when i get my KB flowzilla in about a year? you think the ass wooping will change hands or will it be close cuz if it will be close im gonna get rid or my gt and take the 5g and what i get for it and buy a z28 or trans am like i wanted previously!!no disrespect for thestang since i love both its just that im a yound kid with limited cash and i want to get something that is fast stock and i dont need to drop a load of cash to get it going as fast as others with just flows and headers

waltnono

Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
well i just raced a 2003 trans am with full exhaust and cam on highway and i got owned,no three honks he told me to go and when i did he left me in the dust....wtf im kinda disappointed in my purchase becuase it seems like i wasnt even moving!! what do y ou all think will happen to these freakin f-bodyies when i get my KB flowzilla in about a year? you think the ass wooping will change hands or will it be close cuz if it will be close im gonna get rid or my gt and take the 5g and what i get for it and buy a z28 or trans am like i wanted previously!!no disrespect for thestang since i love both its just that im a yound kid with limited cash and i want to get something that is fast stock and i dont need to drop a load of cash to get it going as fast as others with just flows and headers

And then you'll come across a KB mustang and get blown away again. :hammer: I have a co-worker with a Trans w/ram and exhaust work and he's dam quick. My cousin had an auto Trans and I didn't have a chance with a stock mustang or even a slightly mod one for that matter.

97vertstang

Reaction score
the truth, for the money a 98-02 ls1 is a better bang for the buck, horsepower wise. they come with 290rwhp stock and can get 350rwhp with just bolt ons, induction and exhaust, and 400rwhp with a cam change. but in my opinion mustangs look better :dunno: its all in what u want. if u wanted a f body from the beginning just get urself one, cause ur gonna lose a lot of money when u try to sell a modded stang.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Well you picked one of the slowest stock Mustangs to try & compete with! It can be made to be as fast as you want to be but it will cost a few bucks...Also remember what size engine you are competing against...350 cubes to your 302 or even the 4.6's...Mustangs are at a size disadvantage right off.

Don't sound like you are really a Mustang guy at heart...remember there is a reason why Mustangs outsold & outlived F bodies!!! F bodies are junk...but fast junk. How many cruddy looking camaros falling apart do you see??? LOL, most of them. So if you don't see the difference & understand the mystique of a Mustang, go get a fast camaro...you will find out. Just watch out for Terminators then....always somebody faster no matter what you got!

Grnstang

Reaction score
I agree with Mustanger. For most of us, it's not just about how fast you can go, but also owning a mustang. My car is mostly stock and I'd probably be smoked by most TA's, or Camaros, but they don't even compare in the looks department to Mustangs. TA's and Camaros just plain suck! In fact when you think about it, Camaros very closely resemble a large door wedge. Is that really what you want? A fast door wedge?

Suspect

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
Well you picked one of the slowest stock Mustangs to try & compete with! It can be made to be as fast as you want to be but it will cost a few bucks...Also remember what size engine you are competing against...350 cubes to your 302 or even the 4.6's...Mustangs are at a size disadvantage right off.

Don't sound like you are really a Mustang guy at heart...remember there is a reason why Mustangs outsold & outlived F bodies!!! F bodies are junk...but fast junk. How many cruddy looking camaros falling apart do you see??? LOL, most of them. So if you don't see the difference & understand the mystique of a Mustang, go get a fast camaro...you will find out. Just watch out for Terminators then....always somebody faster no matter what you got!
:thumb: well said.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
Mustangs are not just a car they are a LIFESTYLE young grasshoppa!Anyone that you have to tell that to,who hasnt already figured it out for themself,well..........

ryclef331

Reaction score
They stopped making T/As in 02 for everyone's information.

What did you expect would happen? You went up against a car with 8 years less wear and tear on it and damn near a hundred more horsepower than you make out of the box.

ALL BRANDS ASIDE....its not rocket science to figure out who'd win.

Go ahead and buy an F-Body...I'll be waiting to hear about how you blew the rear end to pieces when you started making a little bit of power. The LS1 is a PHEONOMINAL motor. That has been proven over and over. If you want to do all your racing from 60mph and up, get an f body, cam it, and spray it. 600hp all day. Put a rear end in it and it will handle almost anything you can throw at it.

white98stang

Reaction score
has anyone ever realized that a slowmaro looks like a damn catfish or is it just me :dunno:

S

scarface

white98stang said:
has anyone ever realized that a slowmaro looks like a damn catfish or is it just me :dunno:
I think that is a very common thought on the car....
ls1catfish0ji.jpg

Grnstang

Reaction score
Yeah, it kinda resembles a catfish, but I'm stickin with the doorwedge. Whenever I see one, that's the first thing that comes to mind..Fast, ugly, doorwedge on wheels.

m0n0x1d3

Reaction score
Realize there is ALWAYS someone out there that's faster than you. It's all about Time and Money and lots of people have more of it than us my friend.

Realize this, and you will prosper. I just hope this piece of knowlege hits me soon as well. lol.

A car addiction is more expensive than heroin. I know, I've priced it...

Be happy and proud with what you have, an American ICON.

warpspeed1414

Reaction score
I bought my 96GT last year, first mustang I'v owned. Always wanted a mustang. Last 3 vehicles were 92 Z28, 92 RS and 83 Z28. I like camaro's and still due. Not so much the 93 and newer, but like some of the others have stated the LS1 is an awesome motor. Around here most are not stock. I wouldn't go up against one. I like my mustang, would eventually like to get a new one. But for me I like any car thats nice. Doesn't matter make for me. A nice car is a nice car. Just my 2 cents.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Anything with a 350 vs a "stock-ish" 302 or 281 is going to blow the doors off of you. Horespower doesn't come cheap and you need to realize that there is ALWAYS going to be someone faster than you no matter what make their car is. IMO all of GM's products look like crap and the interiors are cheap and look like hell, that's why I've always owned Fords. The Chevy motors always have responded to bolt-on's very well, but you're still driving a lead sled no matter what model you drive. Those chevy's are way too heavy. If you want to go the chevy route, go for it. But, there is a reason that the MUSTANG is the best selling pony car of all time. Putting in the wrench time and making the car you love blow the doors off of something with a vette motor in it feels oh so nice every time! Chevy has a nice motor in their cars and trucks, but their design team needs to be shot....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online