Just installed a new clutch

Madbum90

Reaction score
I just replaced my clutch with a spec stage 1 clutch kit. I had the flywheel resurfaced and now the transmission shakes when letting off the clutch to drive. Like clutch chatter. Everything is torqued to spec. Also it was hard to get the tranny into the bellhousing all the way there was like a inch gap and I had to tighten the 4 tranny bolts to bellhousing to get it to sit flush against the bellhousing.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Mine chattered and then my TOB went out..... cable quadrant are things to look into as well

The D3V

OP
OP
M

Madbum90

Reaction score
Mine chattered and then my TOB went out..... cable quadrant are things to look into as well

The D3V
Ok thanks. Is it normal for the transmission to not go into the flywheel all the way until it's all bolted down?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Were the guide pins or input shaft mared at all?

If it wasn't 100% level it can be a bear to get in there. But the shaft should slide right in and lock in.

G_94_T

Reaction score
Installed the same clutch in my car with the same results.....chatter

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Sounds like to me you may have forced the Trans onto the engine . The transmission should have dowels that when aligned properly sit inside the engine and then you bolt the bell housings . You shouldn't have to force the transmission into place using the bolts . Your shaft may not be fully seated causing the chatter or your flywheel bolts are loose . Have you inspected the axles ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swapfox2145

Reaction score
I have been reading alot as I just went thru a nightmare having a shop replace my clutch and am now doing it myself with my refund. I have heard the spec clutches have issues and resurfacing flywheels just seems bad unless done properly. I am buying a new flywheel coupled with the mcleod clutch kit to remedy the same issue I have vibration at acceleration with a second clutch install from the shop I can't wait to go deliver them their clutch kit with my car running fine I am positive it is the flywheel and maybe you are experiencing a similar issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online