Just joinde up, and sayin' hey.

i_drive_stangs

Reaction score
hows it going, my name is sean and i live jsut north of austin texas in lago vista, on lake travis. I have a 98' 3.8l (5sd) that i love dearly. It is/was my first car and i am going to keep it till i'm in the ground. the only mods i have as of now are/is a drop in k&n air filter and 17x9 fr500's w/ 245/45/17 bfg g-forces up front and 18x10 DD fr500's w/ 275/40/18 falken fk-452's out back. i'll try to learn how to post pics after i wash my car (prob won't be till next tues/wens). I've got big plans for my car and rite now i am wondering what exhuast to do. here are some setups i am considering.

#1.)
Mac ceramic coated LT's
Pypes 2.5" mini cats
custom 2 1/4" x-pipe
Spintech pro-streets (pn: 6331)
custom 2 1.4" tailpipes
magna flow 3.5" tips

well damn, i'm tired of typing so the main question is should i get the lt's or not? is it/are they worth it really?

thanks,
sean

95-stang

Reaction score
Not sure, dont know much about the 6's, but welcome to the site. :)

white98stang

Reaction score
welcome to the site man... exhaust wise the question is do you wanna spend a bunch of money??? If not i would go w/ just a catback exhaust you wont spend much and it sounds good... i promise!

OP
OP
I

i_drive_stangs

Reaction score
money is not my problem, i don't care if it cost 1,000 bucs. i just want it to sound badass. will the spintechs sound good?

ripper

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Sean. Mod away man headers are always a good first mod. :thumb:

OP
OP
I

i_drive_stangs

Reaction score
i think in abotu two weeks wen my next paycheck comes in (paying for the bfg's this week) i am going to buy the spin's and the tips and have my guy weld them in with the x-pipe but leave enough room so that i can fit in the lt's and the hi-flow catgs latter. does anyone know how long the collectors are on a set of mac lt's?

white98stang

Reaction score
well if its not about the money get a complete true dual system
you will be happy it will sound mean good luck btw.... im sure youll make that six shine

v6mustang94

Reaction score
You should see some gains with LTs. However, if you do some reaserch you find that many people will tell you that the stock exhaust manifolds are actually pretty damn good and because of this the gains from LTs aren't all that "extreme."

OP
OP
I

i_drive_stangs

Reaction score
rite, i know that the stock shortie are good, another reason that i am going to wiat a lil bit is to see how my job pays off at the end of the summer because i plan on getting two turbos out of the f-350 turbo diesel's and making a custom twin turbo kit with a split port swap and maybe a 4/3l stroker. it shoudl bve nice. won't happen for a while though.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
i_drive_stangs said:
rite, i know that the stock shortie are good, another reason that i am going to wiat a lil bit is to see how my job pays off at the end of the summer because i plan on getting two turbos out of the f-350 turbo diesel's and making a custom twin turbo kit with a split port swap and maybe a 4/3l stroker. it shoudl bve nice. won't happen for a while though.

If you want to go fast don't save for the turbo kit.

If you want to delay the turbo kit for a little while and sound cool now, get exhaust...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i_drive_stangs said:
im thinkin one fo those turbos should do you fine...with two, you will have so much lag it wont be worth anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.