OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
4f7216f37527f7e8d1d895824d2342a8.jpg

2b0a34043d575f79ae6d37e4662fce6c.jpg

5c810c98a6804c6d4b01758d4c2230af.jpg

38k mile Vic motor finally dropped off. Need to start prepping everything and get this sucker swapped.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Motor looks pretty clean! I need one of these to clear up my blue smoke problem lol. Keep us posted on the progress!!!

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
What a great score on that car! looks like a good motor too.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
VRS catted X pipe showed up today to replace the pile of shit crudded up Flowtech X pipe. I have no idea why ppl use the Flowtech pipe... its seriously the WORST design in the world. Speaks again to the dumbassery of whichever previous owner did the aftermarket stuff to it. At least they put a set of tuned length shorties in... BBK... and flaking (it IS a BBK product) but that's $100 to have blasted/dipped/sealed/baked so w/e.

Real high quality piece, VRS is the shop that makes UPR pipes but since UPR is out of stock I just called them direct and got a better deal plus a wideband bung lol.

Paintscratch kit comes in tomorrow. Am going to pull the sail panels and roof panels tomorrow and hopefully start on the paint repair Tuesday. All goes well it'll be blended and invisible by mid-end of the week and I'll leave the panels off for 2 weeks to let it fully harden up properly before putting them back on. I may even use a clear vinyl strip under the panels to keep them from rubbing the paint up again...

After that it is clean the garage time and back the car in, pull the hood, pull the front bumper, pull the fenders and start breaking everything down and getting ready to pull the motor/trans out. Trying to get these asshats at base housing to give me free non-temp storage (storage unit) since they ****ed me on my move in not cutting me orders and I had no choice but to move when I did. Its the least they could do... Would let me get all the shit out of my garage that we have stored there now. Lots of textbooks that are my wife's in those grey Sterelites... those books are the goddamn bane of my existence when moving omfg.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Does VRS still make UPR mid pipes? The quality is totally different I've had both and the VRS was much nicer.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
They do but they mass produce them for UPR. I mean UPR sells them for less than VRS does so corners may be cut somewhere. This pipe is real nice tho.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Roof/Sail panels off... too many cars have this issue or one similar to it. You can see where the panels meet there is a little rust line going down and that's where the water pooled and got under the paint and that's that.

Have done a similar repair before on another SN95 and it came out really well. I am hoping its just as good for this car. If not... well there is always vinyl for the roof but that's a last last last resort.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Did not turn out super great. Passable... but noticeable unlike the white on my 95 which was invisible. I thought this might happen with the Metallic but oh well, there goes $100 on that experiment... FML. Gloss black vinyl wrap shows up tomorrow and it'll get put on this weekend. This means I'm also going to go ahead and order some Steeda rocker stripes and new black vinyl bumper lettering to replace the peeling stuff. And probably will do a little black vinyl on the hood too. I actually do think I will like the black pieces to break up the silver. Silver would not have been my first choice for a NE (CO or OW) but I was not about to pass this car up even if it was Laser Red which is my most hated Mustang color.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Did not turn out super great. Passable... but noticeable unlike the white on my 95 which was invisible. I thought this might happen with the Metallic but oh well, there goes $100 on that experiment... FML. Gloss black vinyl wrap shows up tomorrow and it'll get put on this weekend. This means I'm also going to go ahead and order some Steeda rocker stripes and new black vinyl bumper lettering to replace the peeling stuff. And probably will do a little black vinyl on the hood too. I actually do think I will like the black pieces to break up the silver. Silver would not have been my first choice for a NE (CO or OW) but I was not about to pass this car up even if it was Laser Red which is my most hated Mustang color.

when you do the vinyl can you make a step by step and also link the vinyl you used? I want to do this to my car..

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
AM has step by step instructions on the website already. I can take pics but its pretty much just get it wet as hell with soapy water, lay it on the roof tuck the edges under the window trim and get it to lay flat.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
AM vinyl was WAY too narrow. To their credit, they did charge it back to me as store credit which I immediately put towards a new ABS headliner but will have to wait 5-6 weeks for the backorder. Its cool. Called a few places to see what it will cost to get the roof done... $500 is the cheapest one so far so I'm going to DIY vinyl with a $45 sheet of 3M off ebay and cut it properly for my needs.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Sry for no updates, don't check here super often anymore. Probably should. Had to do more PT on my knee than I thought and also had to hold off on buying any parts over the summer to put my daughter through summer daycare.

Anyway...

Roof I'm waiting to do once the car is done. Hood is currently sitting on it right now lol, didn't want to scuff up any vinyl wrap even though there is a moving blanket under the hood. Front end is off and the motor is coming out next week if all goes well. I've got my cherry picker back from my father finally and my old 1 ton engine stand too that was buried in the back of his basement. Once the motor is out, I need to pull the headers and send them off to get blasted and re-coated. BBK "ceramic" coating strikes again. Oh well, they came with the car and its just surface corrosion so I'll spend the $125 to get them done. Once they come back I'll have the replacement motor ready to drop back in and then I can start mocking up the intercooler piping. I'm AM going to have to find out a good place to relocate the BOV once I get it routed correctly and take that piece of piping and the piece going into the TB to get my slot MAF bung welded in.

Goal is to get the replacement motor back in the car before it gets really cold and get it ready to go for the spring. Hoping to drive the hell out of this thing all next year. I'm sick of not having a nice Mustang to drive.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the troubles and stuff but glad to hear it's coming along again. I want to see more pics, steeda builds are pretty sweet!

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Yeah for sure, I got my dad coming over for a few minutes to look at a few things with me but hopefully pulling the motor out at the end of this week and get those headers sent off.

In other news, anyone got an opinion on wheels for this thing? The wheels on it now are curbed like a mofo and peeling and pitting in a few places. I am going to get a few quotes on re-finishing them but in the meantime I'm looking at other wheels too.

Down to the new Steeda Ultra Lites which are actually OOP and there are only 3 sets left according to my Steeda rep.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-chrome-ultra-lite-mustang-wheel-013-0001-28/

Those will be $950 shipped with my discount and then probably another $900 for rubber installed so $1850.

Or I could go the budget route which will get me just as much performance, maybe more.

Black 17" staggered FR500s

http://www.americanmuscle.com/blackfr500-17in-9904-mtstreetcomp-stag.html

or the machine faced ones

http://www.americanmuscle.com/blackmachinedfr500-17in-9904-mtstreetcomp-stag.html

I've got a lot of ppl telling me I'd be effing crazy to pay an extra $800 for probably less traction out back but it is a Steeda car... 17" rims do clear Cobra brakes so I can do that upgrade without worrying either way.

I also was not planning on getting new wheels now but like I said, Steeda only has 3 sets of these in stock so if I want them, I need to buy them soon or risk them selling out.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
normally I would agree with those people saying f the extra 800, but it's a steeda build. I think you should adapt the wheels as well if yours cannot be fixed

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Well, not going to have the original motor, taking out the OEM Novi blower to TB tubing and putting in an intercooler, I'm going to eventually take out the stock K and put a MM one in eventually and I will either do the Steeda 5 link out back or an IRS so it isn't exactly going to be a "Steeda build" lol. I mean I'm going to have the Steeda wing and side stripes and do a little bit of Steeda badging to the car but nothing too over the top.

So I dunno. I will always have the originals if I decide I want the exterior to stay "true to form" so that is why I am kicking around the 17s with the fat rubber on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online