Just picked up 2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #0048

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Would need to upgrade the oil pump with boundary gears for that most likely. I'll see what my tuner says is realistic. Also will be dealing with possible belt slip and being able to shift a stock trans at that RPM.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Got a straight up sra for irs trade lined up for next week. Going to start the pull tomorrow.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score

Woot! Came with a full set of poly bushings to finish it off as well. New brakes, new coating and a 3" MAC catback that I am trading for a 2.5" setup hopefully Thursday.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score

Temporary catback I traded the huge MAC 3" one for. Depending on how long it takes me to get the car running I may use it or I may not. Buddy of mine is going to be swapping his Magnaflow catback with a Bassanni and I already told him I call dibs on his Magnaflow when he sells.

HR Race springs and Bilsteins will be arriving next week so still waiting... In the meantime going to take all day Friday to do the Poly bushings in this damn thing which ought to be a ton of fun. At least the subframes are already done, ones I have to do are not huge and drilling a ton of holes in the rubber and melting the rubber out with a torch shouldn't be too bad.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Figured I'd update this old thread. Car sat for a long time... I had a lot of life issues happen from pretty much the time I got it till it all got worked out about this time last year. Then in the Spring 2017 I got orders (USAF) to Rota, Spain. I'm leaving for Spain in a month for 4 years with my family and I get to take one vehicle. Was determined to make it the Mustang. Went for the quick route, pullout 4V, stock everything except exhaust/tune and roll.

4V is actually out of a 99 Continental with 50k miles for $500. Bellhousing adapter was $100 off a Corral member. Had to do a few modifications such as drill/tap the passenger side of the block for the RWD motor mounts (bosses are there for them already), a little grinding on parts of the block and that's really it. Dropped right in and then just the basic 4V wire extensions and loaded a base tune from James Gordon. Fired right up. Sent a datalog on Friday, waiting for a revised tune. Going to get the wheels refinished if the shop can get them done quick, if not I'll grab something from OEWheels and some new tires and go.

All that is left as far as any actual wrenching is to put the hood back on. Everything works, wideband shows the car just running a tad off stoich but very close. Wired in a firewire to it so my datalogs are legit, not to mention its a tuned car so wideband is required or at least it is if you aren't willing to fly blind.

IRS got the full FTBR treatment minus the poly bushings that were already in the subframe. FTBR rear mount, Steeda brace (which I found out after probably will not do anything oh well) and low mileage stock Termi springs and Bilsteins.

Taking it to Baltimore to drop off at the shipper on the 4th of January and leaving myself on the 8th. Here's hoping nothing goes wrong. Had to replace a leaky oil filter adapter and tighten down a coolant line to stop a leak but that is all as far as "issues". EGR and all emissions stuff is in place, head cooling mod done... Engine out of Continental likely never saw over 3k RPM and was in stupid good shape so I'm hoping for great reliability. Rear main seal looked new, oil was golden, have a running video of it in the original car from the yard. Plugs all looked good when pulled, I put copper plugs in for ease of reading and also changing 4V plugs takes 20 minutes. Yard got it as a tow away from an estate sale.

Enginepickup.jpg

enginetrans.jpg

IRS.jpg

datalogdaybay.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pics won't load for me on my work computer, but that's good stuff man. Thanks for serving! I hope you make the most of your time overseas! But definitely good thinking to try to get it as reliable as possible to go over.