OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
nice toy!!

so, check out this thread for common problems:
http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?60029-Common-4-6L-V8-2V-Problems

also, you should purchase a rebuild kit for the differential while its out:
(any of our sponsors can help you out with purchasing with a discount.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...88-Traction-Lok-Rebuild-Kit-with-Carbon-Discs )

along with that you'll need the diffy fluid, ford racing posi-additive fluid, and I suggest servicing your u-joints.

One way to tell if it is tuned is to pull the passenger side foot-pannel under the dash. You'll see the computer there. If it has a chip, its been tuned. The diablo sport chip on my '04 is too large to even fit in the box, so it's blatantly obvious -- not sure on SCT or other brands' chips.

As for the tick, spitting plugs is common on many years of the modular platform. If you hear a tick you can inspect the plugs to see if a thread was crossed during the last install, or pull the wire and try and feel air coming from the cylinder during operation (leaking past the plug).

If it's a plug, I suggest fixing the threads now, opposed to waiting to be stranded on the side of the road. You can buy a spark plug insert kit from NAPA, or off the internet, to replace the threads.

If its an exhaust leak, I suggest fel-pro gaskets. They are nice and meaty (thats what she said) and they have yet to fail me. Whereas Kooks gaskets have.

Glad you tracked down some of the issues! On the bright side, you've got a good start on a new bed-spread for the wife: "See babe, deer-fur quilt! And you said the mustang was a bad idea...."

Thanks.

Yea I was reading through that thread a day or so ago.

There are a few quirks with this car, nothing I didn't expect. I gave less than 3k for it with 115k miles, a clean 2 owner title, and a near spotless interior. I think I did ok. Lol

As far as tuning, with an sct assuming a flash tuner was used, should be able to use my ids & find the info on the program loaded to the ecm then compare that to what the OEM ecm version should be.

sent while driving recklessly

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
Ordered a new frpp upper today with associated gaskets.

Got a quote from my body guy...and I'm going to have to entire car sprayed. Much easier than trying to make the true blue match perfectly. I feel this is the better option.

Oh and I did a little burnout. Lol

sent while driving recklessly

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
1: you car pickup a full instal kit for an extra $100 or so which includes new shims gaskets gear lube etc.
2: not sure a bout the 96-04s but most of the newer cars will have the DTC P0000 stored in the computer. Most people don't put them on stock or near stock cars because they don't help a whole lot til you have more serious mods.
3: spark plugs are the only thing I can think of. Ford had a habit of crappy plug designs on the 4.6s.
4: everyone seems to like the comp 270s for the 2vs but ptv clearance is very tight if I remember correctly. Just remember gassers don't like extra fuel like diesels do. They run best with an afr around 12.8.

oh and you stole that car. I'd pay >$3000 for a decent new edge car any day of the week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online