Just picked up a new to me project...kinda

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by adamv7010, Feb 16, 2014.

1. adamv7010

adamv7010 New Member

Thanks.

Yea I was reading through that thread a day or so ago.

There are a few quirks with this car, nothing I didn't expect. I gave less than 3k for it with 115k miles, a clean 2 owner title, and a near spotless interior. I think I did ok. Lol

As far as tuning, with an sct assuming a flash tuner was used, should be able to use my ids & find the info on the program loaded to the ecm then compare that to what the OEM ecm version should be.

sent while driving recklessly

2. adamv7010

adamv7010 New Member

Ordered a new frpp upper today with associated gaskets.

Got a quote from my body guy...and I'm going to have to entire car sprayed. Much easier than trying to make the true blue match perfectly. I feel this is the better option.

Oh and I did a little burnout. Lol

sent while driving recklessly

3. Mustang Mark

Mustang Mark Well-Known Member

1: you car pickup a full instal kit for an extra $100 or so which includes new shims gaskets gear lube etc.
    2: not sure a bout the 96-04s but most of the newer cars will have the DTC P0000 stored in the computer. Most people don't put them on stock or near stock cars because they don't help a whole lot til you have more serious mods.
    3: spark plugs are the only thing I can think of. Ford had a habit of crappy plug designs on the 4.6s.
    4: everyone seems to like the comp 270s for the 2vs but ptv clearance is very tight if I remember correctly. Just remember gassers don't like extra fuel like diesels do. They run best with an afr around 12.8.

oh and you stole that car. I'd pay >$3000 for a decent new edge car any day of the week.