Just poking my head through

sn95jones

Reaction score
What's going on everyone....
Been forever since I've been on here... Figured I'd hop on for old times sake kinda update on everyone.

Last I mentioned on here I had bought a 2006 GT, and well... That didn't work out so well.. Car mechanically was good but was leaking from just about every seal possible. I had to part ways with it just with the fear of wondering what might happen next...

Right now I'm currently driving a 2010 VW GTI, pretty cool car. Never had a VW before so I was nervous to buy one to say the least. So far it has been an amazing car but I do miss my 98 GT every single day... Biggest regret was getting rid of that car.

Anyway Here are some pics of how the 06 GT looked before I got rid of it and of course the new car....
I'm looking into possibly getting out of the GTI in the near future and back into a low mileage sn95. I do miss the simplicity of them and that v8 sound.. Until then the spooling turbo will do..

06 GT when I first got it..

and then right before we parted ways..

and the new car...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking about you the other day. Too bad the GTi is Auto =/

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Haha really man? Yeah it's an auto but its a DSG (Direct shift gearbox) Dual Clutch FTW!! LOL I'm actually trying to hunt down my 98 GT..

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
3rd time XD I just spoke with the dealer, threw an offer at them, he told me to call back tomorrow

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice gti... Good luck on getting the sn back tho! I've never even thought it was possible to find any of my sold vehicles

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Thanks man GTI is a Stage 2 with Audi R8 ignition coils and 3" DP. Pushing 305hp/340tq and weighing only 3000lbs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea get out of the VW as soon as you can or you will turn into one of those weirdo vw guys. Want to make your hood all rusty or something.... I like the VW crowd but they generally seem a bit off to me, and that is coming from someone that might be described as "a bit off".

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
yea get out of the VW as soon as you can or you will turn into one of those weirdo vw guys. Want to make your hood all rusty or something.... I like the VW crowd but they generally seem a bit off to me, and that is coming from someone that might be described as "a bit off".
Oh that would never happen with me, I'm still all about going fast. **** all that stance bull shit with the rust and multi colored panels

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
How much money do you figure you've pissed away buying the same car multiple time?
Eh.. Not sure it's up there though, but there's no dollar limit as to how far I'd go to get this car back.
I saw your post on FB, hope you get it back as that's a clean car.
Thanks man! I hope I get it back too, I call the dealer around 11 today fingers crossed but gotta expect worst case scenario. They are good people at the dealer but I could understand if the declined my business. However I have a vehicle they could potentially make profit on. Trade in my car is worth $10,600. It retails for $14,000 and you know once they find out whats been done to the GTI they'll jack the price up significantly.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They will find a way to profit on you if you want it bad enough and call them. Don't make a stupid trade going upside down on the cars just because you want it back. Making a 2nd mistake by overpaying will not make the 1rst hurt less. There are a lot of mustangs out there if you want to get back into one.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
True, but thing is I know whats wrong with the car, I know the windshield is cracked, hood needs paint, roof needs clearcoat, and needs new tires at the least. They can't try to sell it for $5000 because that's what it's worth in clean retail.
I wont do anything that's bad on my part. Yes I can go find many other Mustangs out there, but I know this car inside and out. Some of y'all know what I've put into it. This car and I have a past and a good past at that. Out of the 13 car's I've had I know this car more than any other car I've owned.
I know that it has a PI motor in it, because I was the one who put it in. I know it has a new clutch kit and flywheel because I also did that myself. I know the alternator is good because I did that. I know the power steering is good because I did that. I know the rear end and drive shaft is good because I also worked on it. I know the heater core is fine because I tore the dash apart to replace it. I know the Mach system is still top notch because I replaced the amps and subs with factory equipment, and lastly I know that the car has never been wrecked and that it was originally sold brand new just 30min from me at Five Star Ford.

I know everything about this car inside and out, I trust this car more than I trust anyone else. I know having it back will make me happy again, there were lots of good memories in that car and many more to be made.
Don't get me wrong the GTI is fun no doubt, but I'm a Mustang guy. I was raised around these cars, I live and breathe Mustang's. I can't hang around a VW group because if Mustangs show up I'll be over with that group talking with them because I know more about those cars and can click better with that group than the hipster type VW crowd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online