Just spent 6 hours installing Shift Kit

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Started at 9am, and got done around 3 pm. Not that hard of install, then again, I was just learning (Im 18 haha) and watching my Uncle and Dad do mostly all the work :ass3:. Shifts a little harder, but I was expecting more. Does it have to break in? Overall Im pretty satisfied. I can't wait for the 4.10s to be installed next week though, along with my new ratchet shifter 8)

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i believe they are supposed to be quicker, firmer, and smoother.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
what level did you set it on? If you did 2 or 3 it should be a pretty big change from the way it shifted before, barking 2nd EVERY time

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
what level did you set it on? If you did 2 or 3 it should be a pretty big change from the way it shifted before, barking 2nd EVERY time

Well the first time, we went with the last setting, which I guess would be 3. But we couldnt fit the valve and spring into the tranny because it was tooo stiff. Then we went with the 2nd level which is where its set at now. Im not complaining though, it does bark 2nd. Thanks for your guys help

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Snakebit said:

Well the first time, we went with the last setting, which I guess would be 3. But we couldnt fit the valve and spring into the tranny because it was tooo stiff. Then we went with the 2nd level which is where its set at now. Im not complaining though, it does bark 2nd. Thanks for your guys help

OK so did you drill the holes for a 3 or 2? The hole size ( the bit you use ) determines what level of the shift-kit it is also. I set mine on 3, to the best of my memory.......and you could TELL big time, you could do gradual acceleration and the damn thing would chirp the tires I LOVED IT :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online