just want to make sure

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That I don't need this crap before its yanked permanently and I mount something else there....

DSC01334.jpg

And also, what about all the cap between the motor and pass side?
DSC01340.jpg

Caboose302

Reaction score
Just smog stuff. Plug the lines and you should be good. Might get a CEL though. Not sure on the SNs. On my foxes that was usually the first thing to go.

Sent from mah Obamafone

kb1982

Reaction score
The black square box in the first pic is the charcoal canister. Your fuel tank has a vent line that runs to it, then the vapors get sucked into the engine and gets burned.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
KB is right ^ You don't need that stuff though. Just tell the tuner that you deleted it, assuming you'll be getting a tune at some point.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes I will be getting a tune with the vortech for sure.

Does all that go for the crap between the motor and the pass side?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't need this

Cool I will start yanking that crap out in the morning. The part with the arrow though is my WOT switch for my cut outs. When it is pushed it opens the cut outs for 30 secs and then closes them so it stays :)

Drilled out the spot welds for the canister and was surprised to find this rust behind it. Was planning on hitting everything inside the fender with por15 anyway glad I took this piece off. Will probably mount the pump for the meth kit there.
5095261398200639-8acbda49c8.jpg

Also what is the canister/black can with the pipes coming out of the top on the back firewall?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack this, but if you delete the charcoal canister...would you just plug off the vacuum port on the underside of the intake and where ever it leads back to on the tank? And leave the purge valve unplugged I would also assume? All of my smog equipment is long gone already also.

kb1982

Reaction score
You want to leave the tank vent line unplugged so the tank can still vent to the atmosphere. My vent hose is tied up and vented near the fuel tank. Its the same concept as hoses running from dirtbike fuel caps.

kb1982

Reaction score
No need to seal anything. You need to keep the vent in the tank, just no longer have the hose running up to the inner fenderwell, or else you will be smelling gas fumes in the cabin with it no longer hooked to the charcoal canister. Just tie up the hose somewhere in the rear of the car. You could just not use a hose at all on it, but I figure with the hose running up before it turning back down, there would be less chance of fuel sloshing out. I would assume it had a one way chack valve in it to prevent fuel from leaking out in case of a rollover, but seeing it was designed to be a sealed system in the first place, it may not. Its not any more dangereous than a carb draining its float bowls in a rollover.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ttocs it looked like EGR.

I realized that about 20 mins ago as I was looking at it. I have been planning on taking that out the whole time but isn't there something electronically that needs to be done for the computer?

The ac accumulator?
lrs-19836b_4083.jpg

yes I think that is it. I don't see that on other cars where does that get moved too?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I wasn't really aware that you could relocate it. I guess if you delete the ac you could do away with it of course.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Scott the egr u can eliminate but it has to be turned off in your tune or it will drastically effect your idle. As far as the ac accumulator, it's either you have ac or you don't, I haven't found anyone yet who cleaned that area up without eliminating the ac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.